X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iguanairs
    • Mar 2004
    • 4.2.X

Comparison Reasoning

Every once in awhile I will attempt to save a modified template (in this instance I added a class to the additional.css file) and 2 windows appear showing the comparison between the before and after of my changes. I have to copy my changes from the bottom and paste them in the top and then hit save. Why? No **** the file changed, I just changed it. Why does it ask me a second time as if I did it by accident? What triggers that? It doesn't happen often by it is annoying and stupid as hell.
    Herp Center - Reptile Forums
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It is a mechanism to prevent two people from editing the same template at a time and overwriting each others saves. This can happen if you have the template open in multiple windows for some reason.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• iguanairs
      • Mar 2004
      • 4.2.X

Thanks Wayne! That makes total sense. I didn't have the same template open in 2 windows but I did have 2 windows open in the acp so I could quickly copy and paste some data from another template.
      Herp Center - Reptile Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...