Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tommy327
    • May 2009

Visitor Message / About Me / Friends Tab Stylevar

Someone a stylevar inadvertently got altered under the user profile page. Now my Visitor Message, About Me, and Friends tab color is wrong when the tab is selected. See the below screen shot for reference. Which stylevar is associated with this? This one is giving me a tough time. Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Hawk2
    • Apr 2008
    • 4.1.x

do yo have it that members can custom the colors in there profile

Comment

• Tommy327
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Hawk2
      do yo have it that members can custom the colors in there profile
      I believe I do have this option functional. I will probably disable it though. You think this could be causing an issue? I don't have any members yet, aside from the accounts I created. I'm trying to get it all right before I start advertising.

Comment

• Tommy327
        • May 2009

Where's all the guru's out there? =P

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

If you look at the profilecustomize.php page, you can see the the association between what is in the userprofile.css file and the stylevars. The active tab background color is set in the userprofile.css file as this:
          HTML Code:
          dd.userprof_module {
              color: {vb:raw module_link_color};
              background-color: {vb:raw module_background_color};
          etc...}
          Then in the profilecustomize.php file, you can see this:
          PHP Code:
          'module_background_color' => self::$stylevars['blockhead_background']['color'], 
          So it is set from the stylevar blockhead_background.

(This has actually been covered in several threads which is probably why you aren't getting a quick answer. You should probably try a search on this.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Tommy327
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Lynne
            If you look at the profilecustomize.php page, you can see the the association between what is in the userprofile.css file and the stylevars. The active tab background color is set in the userprofile.css file as this:
            HTML Code:
            dd.userprof_module {
                color: {vb:raw module_link_color};
                background-color: {vb:raw module_background_color};
            etc...}
            Then in the profilecustomize.php file, you can see this:
            PHP Code:
            'module_background_color' => self::$stylevars['blockhead_background']['color'], 
            So it is set from the stylevar blockhead_background.

(This has actually been covered in several threads which is probably why you aren't getting a quick answer. You should probably try a search on this.)
            Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, I don't believe that is correct. The stylevar "blockhead_background" changed different elements of the forum, but not the active user profile tabs as shown in the original post. Here's a screen shot to illustrate this:

^This, among others was altered by the "blockhead_background" stylevar, but not the tabs I'm trying to edit. I've tried the search function to no avail. If there are other threads on this, please link me to them.

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

I tried changing that stylevar on my default 4.1.4 test site and it definitely changed the Active Tab as well as other things as you noted. It looks like you have Profile Customization turned on. Did you either customize your profile or did an admin customize one and then click Set As Site Default? And what version of vB are you running?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Tommy327
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Lynne
                I tried changing that stylevar on my default 4.1.4 test site and it definitely changed the Active Tab as well as other things as you noted. It looks like you have Profile Customization turned on. Did you either customize your profile or did an admin customize one and then click Set As Site Default? And what version of vB are you running?
                I did not mess with the profile customization. Just to be certain I went in and clicked the "default" button in the customize profile screen. Still no change. I'm on version 4.0.8

Comment

• Tommy327
                  • May 2009

I just notice that there is a specific section for stylevar questions. I apologize for posting this in the incorrect section. Can an admin please move this to the correct section? I feel I may have more luck there. Thanks!

Comment

• setishock
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 4.2.x

In 4.0.8 they started making changes to the stylevars. Some are dead while others have been moved or altered. Having said that you'll have better luck looking in the 2 css sheets for what governs the member profile page. Member.css and profile.css. I do not recommend making the changes directly on those templates instead find the css you need to change or add to and park that in your additional.css. That way you can experiment without buggering up the templates.

Comment