X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RK KINGKONG
    • Oct 2010
    • 4.0.x

[vB4] HOW CAN I change the color .widget_post_content

can someone please tell me where do i change the color of the side block widgets within the forum TEXT / FONT ill post a picture , im interested in changing the grey to white but cant find it in stlye vars also , i tried some code to force it to white by placing it in my additional.css and that didnt work either . please help

VB 4.1.3
    RK KINGKONG
    Attached Files
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You want to change the font color of the text in the sideblock widgets from gray to white? That should be the stylevar "sidebar_content_color"

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• RK KINGKONG
      • Oct 2010
      • 4.0.x

OM * G LYNNE will you marry me ? LOL I wont let my wife see this lol .... anyway after hours of looking you managed to fix my issue in 2 seconds THANK YOU enjoy a great day
      Originally posted by Lynne
      You want to change the font color of the text in the sideblock widgets from gray to white? That should be the stylevar "sidebar_content_color"

Comment

• RK KINGKONG
        • Oct 2010
        • 4.0.x

lynne please help im driving myself crazy well , basically i have changed everything to how i wanted and made notes of it for future issues .. however the font colors in the search box top right hand corner , where do i change that i want it white mine are black on a skin.. also when your searching for a thread or site member those have white backgrounds but with white font in there also , so i need to change the font to black there ..where do i look for that

i have a style var dictionary but it doesnt mention these ..... what or where would the main overall place be to change the default font color of a skins text ? sorry for the bother lynne thank you in advance

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

I can't really tell what you want stylevars for. The word Advanced Search in the upper right corner? That is navbar_link_color . Can you post images of what you are looking for?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• RK KINGKONG
            • Oct 2010
            • 4.0.x

OK LYNNE Images

IN the search i have black background , black font

in the member search and Search Forum above thread ,same thing its white background with white font , hours looking nothing
            Attached Files

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

background for the search boxes should be input_background

Comment

• RK KINGKONG
                • Oct 2010
                • 4.0.x

OK Lynee that fixed my issue with the above search box however not with searching members or threads those are still WHITE on WHITE , white font white background , really im sincerely sorry about all the troubles but , i think its about time they update a Dictionary for all these different stlyle vars really .

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Hmm, it looks like you'll have to add some CSS to your additional.css template:
                  HTML Code:
                  .popupbody li input.searchbox {background-color: pink;}

Comment

• RK KINGKONG
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 4.0.x

YOU are by far a MASTER they should let you re-write an updated dictionary , Im going to make a full detailed tut on all my findings and help ive gotten from you to help others . because this can have someone ready to throw their PC out a window in fustration... your help LYNNE is very appreciated ... thank you dearly sweety ..
                    Hmm, it looks like you'll have to add some CSS to your additional.css template:
                    HTML Code:

Comment

• RK KINGKONG
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 4.0.x

font color in main search box

Lynne this is my final touch here , now we know how to change the background color in this search box , however what about the font color in there ? the others ive got under control / for searching members or threads the font color is controlled by the Body_color in Stylevars ..... for its background i had to add your code which works great
                      Code:
                      Now knowing where to change the font color in that upper search box is my final touch .. then im going to create a nice TUT .. Thanking you , cause seriously some of this stuff isnt in the stylevar dictionary and hard for a noob like myself to find ....

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

You can just change the font color in the same CSS - did you try that?

HTML Code:
                        .popupbody li input.searchbox {background-color: pink; color: black;}
                        Lynne

Comment

• RK KINGKONG
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 4.0.x

this code you provided works great for the background in the THREAD & MEMBER search box , the font there is controlled by the common/body_color ... however im referring to the font color in the main search box up on the Nav bar
                          You can just change the font color in the same CSS - did you try that?

HTML Code:
                          .popupbody li input.searchbox {background-color: pink; color: black;}
                          Lynne

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

There isn't a stylevar for that either. You'll just have to write some custom CSS for it like:
                            HTML Code:
                            .globalsearch input.textbox {color: purple;}

Comment

• RK KINGKONG
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 4.0.x

woman I cant even express in words what your help means to me , and how it has helped .. blessings to you & yours thank you so much ... EXPERT is all i can say ,,,, this solves my every problem to the T ... I will be making a very neat description of this over the weekend and posting it every where possible cause i know theres others out there like myself .. THANKS AGAIN LYNNE "WONDER WOMAN" LOL J/K
                              There isn't a stylevar for that either. You'll just have to write some custom CSS for it like:
                              HTML Code:
                              .globalsearch input.textbox {color: purple;}

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...