X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • droppinloads
    • Mar 2011
    • 3.8.x

[vB3] Accidently Imported and Merged Style With My Customized Style

I know I should have selected "Create a New Style" during the Import, but I accidentally selected the merge.

I completed a backup of my files 1 day ago. Can anyone tell me what files I need to restore in order to bring my style back? Or did I manually need to save my style before the merge took place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • D0ctor
    • Feb 2011
    • 4.1.x

I believe just restoring the database would fix it.

Comment

• droppinloads
      • Mar 2011
      • 3.8.x

I don't want to lose a day's worth of posts to revert back the style though. Is there a way to restore the skin (along with the customization done) from a backup?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Restore it to its own database and upload a set to files to use with it, then download the style.

Comment

• droppinloads
          • Mar 2011
          • 3.8.x

Thanks. Can you please clarify "upload a set to files to use with it"? Do you know where the template files are stored? I have no idea which files I need.

So if I understand correctly, I need to do a complete restore of my forum (to another location) and access the Admin Panel to download the original style from the "Download/Upload Styles" menu item?

Then I take the downloaded XML (generated from the step above) and upload it to the target forum?

Comment

• Paul M
            Former Lead Developer
            vB.Com & vB.Org
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by droppinloads
            Thanks. Can you please clarify "upload a set to files to use with it"? Do you know where the template files are stored? I have no idea which files I need.

So if I understand correctly, I need to do a complete restore of my forum (to another location) and access the Admin Panel to download the original style from the "Download/Upload Styles" menu item?

Then I take the downloaded XML (generated from the step above) and upload it to the target forum?
            I think he just means upload a set of vb3 files [with a modified config file] so that you can access the the database you are restoring.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• droppinloads
              • Mar 2011
              • 3.8.x

Thanks Paul. For the files, do I just need the admincp directory plus the modded config file, or do I need the entire site contents?

Comment

• Paul M
                Former Lead Developer
                vB.Com & vB.Org
                • Sep 2004

Not sure what you would get away with so best to just upload a full set.
                Baby, I was born this way

Comment