How to have collapsible header like vBSEO?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockyG
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.0.x

[vB4] How to have collapsible header like vBSEO?

Hi,

I am trying to get a collapsible header, like that have over at http://www.vbseo.com, the collapsible part isnt that important though. I like how it goes all the way across the screen while the forum is narrow.

My site is luciditylounge.com.

I asked them over at vbseo and they said it is just an "absolutely positioned div with some jquery show/hide triggers on it. ".

I thought I could do it, but am having a little trouble. I thought I would ask here, as they are about seo and not customizations.

I dont even know what css file to use. I dont know what file to put the code in, header, headerinclude, or what. I am not entirely sure of how to create the code either. I created an image to use, about the same as theirs.

Is there anyone here that could explain it a little? I once added a 'floating' tweet button to my site, so I thought it might be the same, but that was just a normal html page and I knew the css file it was using. But this is really confusing!

Any help is appreciated!
    Rocky
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

The best place to ask for help with this is over on vbulletin.org, the modification site. This site, vbulletin.com, is not about customizations (just as vbseo is not about customizations). vbulletin.org, however, is all about customizations.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• RockyG
      • Jan 2011
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      The best place to ask for help with this is over on vbulletin.org, the modification site. This site, vbulletin.com, is not about customizations (just as vbseo is not about customizations). vbulletin.org, however, is all about customizations.
      Oh sorry about that, didnt realize that.

Thanks

Comment

• Arkham
        • Mar 2001
        • 4.1.x

I think it's just a template customization. Just put what you what outside of the very first table... I think you'd look at the Header template, and put your content before the very first div/table/whatever.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...