Can I Limited Uploading Avatars to people with a set number of post?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joecool1972
    • Nov 2010
    • 4.0.x

[vB4] Can I Limited Uploading Avatars to people with a set number of post?

Hello,

I have uploaded a bunch of my own pre-defined avatars and I am setting it up so that people need to have done a certain amount of posts to be able to use the really nice ones.

I also want people to be able to upload their own avatars, but I would like them to contribute to the community first by making a few posts. Hence I wanted to only give them the ability to be able to upload their own avatars after they have done a set number of posts - say 5 as an example.

When I am in my Admin control panel looking at user groups I only see the ability to enable or disable them to be able to upload their own avatar.

Is there a function to do what I specified above, or is this function only for pre-defined avatars that I personally have uploaded?

Thanks
    You looking at me? You looking at me?

Nothing to see here...
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

To do that you would have to create a promotion.

1. Set the Registered usergroup so that custom avatars are turned off:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can Can Upload Custom Avatars -> No

2. Create a new usergroup with the appropriate overall permissions and custom avatars turned on:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can Can Upload Custom Avatars-> Yes

3. Create a Promotion to promote users that reach this post level to that group:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Promotions
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...