• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joecool1972
    • Nov 2010
    • 4.0.x

[vB4] My Avatar doesn't change

Hi all,

I just uploaded some cool avatars and I already had my picture as an avatar and I thought I would change to, as a test, to one of the just uploaded avatars.

That all went fine and it changed; however, I then wanted to change it back and even thought in my "settings" it has been changed back and I can see my picture as my "current avatar" again, it hasn't changed in certain parts of the forum, such as my side bar which has latest posts and threads. It still has my previous avatar.

I have logged out and logged back in, but the result is the same. No change. Does it take a while for the change to take place? Or is there another reason?

Also I realized after I had uploaded my avatar pack that it says it shouldn't be any bigger than 80x80 px but some of mine are bigger but it still seemed to change it okay? Is this going to be a problem?

Can I change the settings somewhere?

Help...
    You looking at me? You looking at me?

Nothing to see here...
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Sidebar blocks and widgets get cached. Is it only in the blocks and widgets that the avatar isn't changing?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• WiseHYIP
      • Oct 2010
      • 4.0.x

Yes you can change the settings under Usergroups and then change for the usergroup you want to

I think it's not a problem as vB resizes the image to the max allowed? I'm not sure about this!

Comment

• joecool1972
        • Nov 2010
        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Lynne
        Sidebar blocks and widgets get cached. Is it only in the blocks and widgets that the avatar isn't changing?
        Yes, I think it was. It was basically in the widget on the right hand side of my forum, which includes updated threads and posts. I woke up this morning and it was changed, so I guess it just takes a little time for some of the changes to occur in certain things.

Nothing to see here...

Comment

• joecool1972
          • Nov 2010
          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by WiseHYIP
          Yes you can change the settings under Usergroups and then change for the usergroup you want to

I think it's not a problem as vB resizes the image to the max allowed? I'm not sure about this!
          Thanks, yep while playing around yesterday I managed to figure it out.

I love the vbulletin system, I am having a blast figuring it all out. The crunch is going to come when I get loads of users that's when I am really going to be able to figure out what settings I need to change and what problems I have kind of created while tweaking things.

Nothing to see here...

Comment