X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Froberg
    • Jan 2006
    • 4.0.x

[vB4] Style without the new fancy "buttons"

So I have a custom-made style that took a long, long time to develop for v.3.x.

It had some really well done buttons and icons, which I want to use.

I finally figured out how to make it look right for the "new thread", but to my horror the "new thread" is being used on "post reply" as well.

I assume template edits are required - so clearly someone has already made a guide for it. But where? The search function has yielded no positive results thus far - anyone able to point me in the right direction for how to implement this properly?

I have custom buttons and icons for all functions, save "projects" and the "blog" things.. Help?
  • Ace
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

I assume template edits are required - so clearly someone has already made a guide for it.
    Your logic is a little bit flawed there. Just because the edits are required, you can't conclude that there must be documentation for it.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Froberg
      • Jan 2006
      • 4.0.x

Well I was just assuming that I'm not the only one with a few styles that don't exactly benefit from the new buttons.

I see their merit, mainly for translations, but I'd really like to preserve my custom style as much as possible given the changes.
      I managed to remove text, increase the size to make the button fit and change the borders to allow it to be there without intersecting with other text. I just don't get why "New Thread" and "Reply to Thread" use the same buttons - apparently - which usually indicates the template edits are necessary.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Unfortunately these are not trivial changes. I suggest posting over at vbulletin.org for help with this level of customization. Someone over there may have already done something like this.
        Last edited by Steve Machol; Sun 14 Nov '10, 7:13am.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Froberg
          • Jan 2006
          • 4.0.x

Darn.

The custom buttons used to be a huge part of a forum-identity. For this one specific style in particular.

oh well, best not try it then.
          Thanks, Steve.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...