Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gazzak
    • Sep 2006

[vB4] Where in style vars is this??

Can't find this colour setting for love nor money. I'm looking for the area underneath the bit in red, as shown by the arrow.

I'd like it a different colour from the current light grey, but what is it called???
  • gazzak
    • Sep 2006

Anyone?

Is it just me or are many of you out there finding that nobody at VBulletin actually has a clue about styling in V4?

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

Many of us sleep. According to my time frame, you posted this at 1:35 in the morning when I am happily in la-la land.

Do a Search in Templates for ".forumbit_nopost .subforumdescription" and you should find how to change the background.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• gazzak
        • Sep 2006

Thank You for the help Lynne. With your clue I found it to be blocksubhead_background.

My last post wasn't a dig at the response times, I appreciate the help, it was more a rant of frustration at the whole style setup in VB4. I'm getting very frustrated at the time it takes to make even the simplest forum changes because the whole thing has gone from straightforward to totally over complicated, with no middle ground for the average user.

Thanks again.

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by gazzak
          the whole thing has gone from straightforward to totally over complicated, with no middle ground for the average user.
          Even if you don't want to install a browser with object inspection capabilities, it's actually quite easy..

Rightclick - view source - search source for the words "site related information" - figure out that the name of the class is ...

Done!
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• gazzak
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ace
            Even if you don't want to install a browser with object inspection capabilities, it's actually quite easy..

Rightclick - view source - search source for the words "site related information" - figure out that the name of the class is ...

Done!
            Ace, I installed Firefox with Firebug after viewing the excellent video that was produced on how to find certain forum parts. Even with that and extensive searching, it was not obvious, and far from "quite easy".

The very fact that we have figure out what the name of classes is shows that there's a problem in the first place. Not everyone is a coder. I don't remember ever having to use firebug in V3!

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

You have firebug and couldn't see it? Try chrome.
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

See this article on how to find a StyleVar using Firebug:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...