X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Collectors
    • Dec 2004
    • 3.8.x

[vB4] 'Ideal' CMS frontpage?

Soon I'll upgrade my 3.x forum to 4.x Suite with a CMS/frontpage. I've seen a lot of CMS pages, all with a different column, widget and information layout.

I'm wondering what info is a must to put on the frontpage (beside news). There are so many options like:

- Recent Blog Posts
    - Recent Comments
    - Recent Forum Posts
    - Poll widget
    - Recent Activity Widget
    - Calendar
    - Clock
    - Weather widget
    - Forum Stats
    - Advertisement
    - Site sponsors
    - RSS Feed
    - Random gallery picture
    - Tags
    - etc...

And what info is absolute meaningless for a frontpage?
  • toon79
    • Jun 2007
    • 4.2.X

I'd say maybe include these

- Recent Blog Posts
    - Recent Forum Posts
    - Poll widget
    - Recent Activity Widget
    - Random gallery picture
    - Tags

Comment

• Darakir
      • Feb 2010

I especially recommend the Recent Forum Posts widget. It connects the CMS with the rest of the forum very nice.

Comment

• Legionary
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Darakir
        I especially recommend the Recent Forum Posts widget. It connects the CMS with the rest of the forum very nice.
        I agree. Unfortunately, there isn't any nice and user-friendly Recent Forum Posts Widget for the CMS yet, in my opinion.

I wish IB - or somebody else - would create a recent forum post widget similar to the standard module provided in the VBA CMPS.

Comment

• Darakir
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Legionary
          I agree. Unfortunately, there isn't any nice and user-friendly Recent Forum Posts Widget for the CMS yet, in my opinion.

I wish IB - or somebody else - would create a recent forum post widget similar to the standard module provided in the VBA CMPS.
          I like the one included from the start. I've not used VBA, what makes their better?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...