X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dimopoulos
    • Apr 2005

[vB4] Forum Block conditionals

Greetings,

I am trying to use conditionals on forum blocks.

I have created a forum block, set it to PHP and have the following conditional:

Code:
    <vb:if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 19,14)">

<strong>One</strong>

<vb:elseif condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 2)" />

<strong>Two</strong>

<vb:elseif condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 1,3,4)" />

<strong>Three</strong>

</vb:if>
    Unfortunately the block doesn't even appear on the screen. I have of course flushed the cache thinking that that might have been the problem.

When I change the content type to HTML it shows just fine (all of it) so the conditionals are ignored.

Basically I want to display different messages to different members of my boards.

Is the above feasible?

Thank you in advance for any pointers.
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

If you choose the html option then the block can only contain [real] html, not template syntax.

If you choose the php option then the contents must be actual php code (like a plugin), with the desired output assigned to the variable $output.

To do what you want, would require the php option, with the relevant code to render a custom template.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• dimopoulos
      • Apr 2005

Hello Paul. Thank you for your reply.

I tried using

Code:
      $o = 'hello';
      return $o;
      and it works fine.

Now to access the usergroup IDs that the user belongs, do I need to use the:

$vbulletin->userinfo['usergroupid']

object? Is this correct and if yes, does that return an array? Will is_member_of() work with it i.e. does the forum block have access to the functions.php methods?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...