Stretching height of background colour behind replies/views for wrapped thread titles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loony BoB
    • Sep 2003
    • 4.2.X

[vB4] Stretching height of background colour behind replies/views for wrapped thread titles

On a fixed-width style or two that we have, the occasional thread title wraps around and starts a second line. This means that the replies/views have their alt colour but not all the way to the bottom of the threadbit row.

I noticed you can do this even on vB's skins - just squish up the window so that a thread title wraps around and then you have a slight issue with the alt colour not stretching to the bottom of the row.

Is there any way to force this area behind replies/views stats to match any additional height caused by such things?
    Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - An Online Community of Final Fantasy Fans
    Eyes on Final Fantasy (Site) - The Most In-Depth Final Fantasy Site Online
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

It's all CSS and you can't set a height of 100% on the div, so no, there is no way to do what you want. If it's a real problem, then remove the image, and if you have it a different color, make it transparent, and then you won't have that happen.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Loony BoB
      • Sep 2003
      • 4.2.X

Really? Damn. We use two colours for our columns because we've always been able to and it looks that much better. Seems vB3 could do it okay but not vB4. Is this something that can eventually be added in somehow, or is it a limitation of using a pure CSS system instead of tables? Would this not be considered a kind of... flaw in CSS? You'd think whatever God of browsers and CSS etc. would have considered this. Hmm. Guess it's off to the .org for moi.

If anyone else can figure some way around this, feel free to let me know!

On a sidenote, out of genuine curiosity, why did vB opt for divs instead of tables for the threadbits etc? Surely it would have made more sense to keep tabular data as a table?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Sure it could be done if you redid the template a bit. It's just that the way the template currently is, it can't be done with just CSS.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Loony BoB
          • Sep 2003
          • 4.2.X

Ah, I still have hope, then.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...