X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olijo
    • Sep 2006
    • 4.2.x

[vB4] StatusIcons Change Extension .PNG to .GIF

I try to find in the stylevar and template manager how to change the statusicon extension.
    Example : "category_forum_old.png"
    If i want to make : "category_forum_old.gif" How to do it ?
    I don't found in the template and the stylevar, so ?

For people who want to know WHY : simply to have animated icons.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You'd need to edit the forumhome_forumbit_level1_post templates. This isn't a stylevar, you need to edit the templates and manually update the way the image is called.

Comment

• Deadly Stream
      • Mar 2008

The easiest way would be to add a replacement variable. (Admin > Styles & Templates > Replacement Variable Manager)

The search for text would be category_forum_old.png and the replacement would category_forum_old.gif

If you have a fair few styles, you can add the following code to config.php and then you'll see a style called Master Style, if you add it to that style, all of your other styles will inherit it saving you the hassle of entering it multiple times. Well I'm pretty sure it would, I've never tried it myself - I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Code:
      $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
      Epic sunburn!

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Please never use debug mode on a live site.

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Deadly Stream
          The easiest way would be to add a replacement variable. (Admin > Styles & Templates > Replacement Variable Manager)

The search for text would be category_forum_old.png and the replacement would category_forum_old.gif

If you have a fair few styles, you can add the following code to config.php and then you'll see a style called Master Style, if you add it to that style, all of your other styles will inherit it saving you the hassle of entering it multiple times. Well I'm pretty sure it would, I've never tried it myself - I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Code:
          $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
          If any of those Child Styles have modified templates where the image would be displayed, this change would have no effect, save that of introducing the danger of someone wrecking their MASTER STYLE and having to reimport it.

There's no need to touch that style, just make a new Style and move all the others under it if you want to try something like that.
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...