Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarcusJ
    • Oct 2009

[vB4] header_background stylevars not taking effect

I have changed my header_background using Stylevars. In the preview it shows the new image, however the new image never loads on the site.

I have cleared the cache and tested in three browsers. I have searched here and vBulletin.org but haven't found a resolution. Using 4.06 Suite

Any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by MarcusJ; Thu 19 Aug '10, 9:42am.
  • TheLastSuperman
    • Sep 2008

Your not using a logo bigger than the header background are you? For example if you made your site a fixed width and the area is 900px wide and you change the header bg color and specify an image ad the background BUT if your titleimage is 900px wide then it could overlay the header_bg and you won't see it .

If not then you can change the CSS or replace the code for the header with your own version as a temp fix until you find out what the issue is and is this a new 4.0.6 Style or an older 4.0.4 or 4.0.5 style that you assume all the templates merged correctly on?

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• MarcusJ
      • Oct 2009

I edited some other Stylevars, and it magically started working. Go figure...

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MarcusJ
        I edited some other Stylevars, and it magically started working. Go figure...
        Good! Sometimes you can simply select the stylevar and hit save despite having not changed something and it will remedy the situation. I have never had a vB4 forum do that though and I work on them all the time but I have seen other weird things due to past mods, old code that made no sense and some sites that had to be completely redone.

Remember everyone, there's a number of factors involved when running a site, his server might be different that hers, this and that but if anything ever goes wrong simply Google it first then login here and Search for a solution .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...