X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmwking
    • May 2007
    • 3.6.x

[vB4] Blackberry Browser and Opera Mini with vBulletin 4 issue

I'm having trouble with mobile browsers in vB 4.03. I use Opera Mini 5 in 'Mobile View' extensively on my vB 3 site. I'm running Opera Mini v5.0.19692 on a Blackberry Storm 9550 w/ OS v5.0.0.607. We're in the testing stages of our upgrade from vB 3.8 to vB 4.03.

I've had an issue come up when using Opera Mini and the Blackberry Browser, and I wondered if there were any style things I could do to alleviate it.

When I visit a thread, a message's Show IP Address, Add Infraction, and Report Post buttons don't appear at all in Opera Mini in "mobile view". Oddly, in the Blackberry Browser, they are invisible, yet clickable, in either "page" or "column" view.

Opera Mini and the BB Browser have no trouble rendering the equivalent vB3 icons.

Does anyone have any insight on these issues? I'd really struggle to mod my board without those icons. Are there any mobile themes for smart phones (that go beyond a bare WAP)?

thanks,

-jk
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I've never run into the issue personally when posting here using the Nintendo Wii/Nintendo DS/WebOS browsers. Not sure about the black berry browser.

FWIW we currently only support The major browsers: Opera, Chrome, IE8/7 (very limited support for IE6), Firefox, and Safari.

Comment

• puertoblack2003
      • Aug 2005
      • 6.X

Originally posted by jmwking
      I'm having trouble with mobile browsers in vB 4.03. I use Opera Mini 5 in 'Mobile View' extensively on my vB 3 site. I'm running Opera Mini v5.0.19692 on a Blackberry Storm 9550 w/ OS v5.0.0.607. We're in the testing stages of our upgrade from vB 3.8 to vB 4.03.

I've had an issue come up when using Opera Mini and the Blackberry Browser, and I wondered if there were any style things I could do to alleviate it.

When I visit a thread, a message's Show IP Address, Add Infraction, and Report Post buttons don't appear at all in Opera Mini in "mobile view". Oddly, in the Blackberry Browser, they are invisible, yet clickable, in either "page" or "column" view.

Opera Mini and the BB Browser have no trouble rendering the equivalent vB3 icons.

Does anyone have any insight on these issues? I'd really struggle to mod my board without those icons. Are there any mobile themes for smart phones (that go beyond a bare WAP)?

thanks,

-jk

on opera make sure it's on desktop view not mobile. i use desktop view on my htc device

Comment

• jmwking
        • May 2007
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by puertoblack2003
        on opera make sure it's on desktop view not mobile. i use desktop view on my htc device
        It's what I'll do until I can figure out something else. The experience isn't as good: It takes more clicks, and the "go to first new post" isn't honored well. It's also a lot tougher to scroll - it builds the page with a large bit of empty space on the right side. All in all, I find mobile view, at least in vB3, to be much more enjoyable and usable.

thanks,

-jk

Comment