How do I Change Widget Header LINK Text Color to Match Other Widget Headers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NashChristian
    • May 2008

[vB4] How do I Change Widget Header LINK Text Color to Match Other Widget Headers?

The RSS Widget Header is a Link. I'm also using a calendar widget where I've made the Header text a Link. Basically, anytime that a LINK is used in the WIDGET HEADER, I want it to use the header text color NOT the link text color.

Currently any widget header text links default to whatever color the links are INSTEAD of whatever color the other widget header text is. It makes more sense to me to do this the other way around, so that all the widgets will look uniform, and also because on several of my styles, the headers are so dark, that the text is barely legible when made the link color.

Here is a screen shot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb_rss_widget_header.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	3717836

The RSS (top) widget header (which is also a link) is Gray (which is very hard to read). The weather widget below (and every other widget on the page) has a White header (since there is NO link). I want them all to match, and in this case, be white.

Someone else reported the same problem here. It looked to me to be in the wrong forum, and since it was posted months ago and never answered, I reposted here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Jeff
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Then use CSS to make it a different color. I can't see the classes or anything since you didn't link to your page, but you could probably try something like ".cms_widget_header a {colorink;}" to change it. Use firebug to get the class and you should be easily able to figure it out.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• NashChristian
      • May 2008

SOLUTION (Thanks Lynne!)

In case anyone else runs into this problem:

To fix this for ALL my styles, I simply had to edit the 'vbcms.css' template for the DEFAULT style as follows:

Search for this:
      Code:
      .cms_widget_header h3
      Right afterward, add this:
      Code:
      .cms_widget_header h3 a {
       color: {vb:stylevar vbcms_widget_color};
      }
      That's it. The change is inherited to the other styles.

Thanks for your help Lynne!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...