Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazanka101
    • May 2010

Seperate Navbar for custom templates

I have a Gaming Site and i have various games included on it I saw this post http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-to-your-forum as i saw you had replied. i want to add a custom page like that which I did. Yet the issue I'm having is with the $navbar. I would like a completely separate navbar. Like with completely different links like its loading a whole new forum if you know what I mean. It would kind of consist of having two navbar templates one having different links and the custom template calling to the new custom navbar i created but would go with the style. How would i go about doing this.

Meaning i would like to remove the current that has "Forums, Whats New?, Market" All those links to be changed to build its own custom so when going to that template there's new navbar links instead of them like "Index1, Index2, Index3" and so on.

How can I go about doing this? I don't know if this is the right section as i have asked on vbulletin.org the same but I never seem to get responses from them.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Either create another style with a totally different navbar and apply it to your page, or create a new template with the new navbar contents, render it, and put it in place of the other navbar template. If you need help with any of that, the place to ask is over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Kazanka101
      • May 2010

I would need help doing that but I have asked about a month ago and still had no response. I saw the other part of it here so I figured I'd post here next. How would I render it? I have tried copying the contents and making a custom_navbar1 how would I call to that template in the other custom template. I have tried $navbar1 and $custom_navbar1 nothing seems to be working. Anyway of getting specific instructions on how to do this thanks.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Have you read any of the articles over on vbulletin.org in the vB4 Articles forum? There are articles on how to render templates. I would start by reading the articles.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Kazanka101
          • May 2010

Could you link me as I searched and I found one containing "register" but its a bit complicated.

I have found this one http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228078

Yet I do not understand how this is working and will do it for the navbar.
          Last edited by Kazanka101; Thu 6 May '10, 8:40am.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

That is a very good article. If you don't want to deal with learning how to create/render a template, then I would suggest just applying a different style to your pages and changing the existing navbar template for that style.

Comment

• Kazanka101
              • May 2010

I was looking at this article where would I put this information. That's what I'm mainly confused about.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Any code, such as rendering custom templates, would be put in your custom page.

Comment

• Kazanka101
                  • May 2010

People are saying about adding things to plug in's to make it work. Its a great tutorial but doesn't tell you exactly how to use it. Like there's no directions of where to put any of this, how would I render the template...I want to make another whole template that i can mod and add completely different links with it. If the information is there you couldn't do an easy copy paste and better directions on how to use???
                  Last edited by Kazanka101; Sat 8 May '10, 6:35am.

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Plugins get used if you are adding to an existing page (like showthread.php or forumdisplay.php). Since you are writing your own page, you don't need to use a plugin.

You really need to be having this conversation over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Comment

• Kazanka101
                      • May 2010

I made a thread over there after you first replied and no responses. I never get any on it and i say the tips figured they'd give a tip or to and help me out. Seems you seem to respond a lot.

Maybe if you could if i gave you a link to the post I made could you get somebody to help me with it since I haven't gotten anything for a long while I just keep re-posting it.
                      Last edited by Kazanka101; Sun 9 May '10, 8:35am.

Comment

• Kazanka101
                        • May 2010

Can you? This seems very simple yet confusing in a way...It would be a great help if you could.

Comment

• Lynne
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Oct 2004

You can post a link to the thread in here. That way it would be easy for anyone to find.

Comment

• DoE
                            • Sep 2007

Use a conditional instead of two seperate navbar templates. No registering required:

<vb:if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'my_special_code'">
                            my special navbar stuff that includes some default links and my own
                            <vb:else />
                            normal navbar stuff
                            </vb:if>

In your php file just add at the top:

define('THIS_SCRIPT', 'my_special_code');

Comment

• Kazanka101
                              • May 2010

Link: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=241963

So for using your code there DoE I add the top part into template but the define into which .php file? Plus would this cause the other links to disappear? Because this would cause blank navbar it wouldn't look the same as it is now. For instance.

Like here's what I want.

The one with the red arrows I want those links removed and I want to be able to add custom ones. I've been using the vBTabs mod on vbulletin.org to add more tabs. Yet I edited the mod to work on the rendered template except I don't know how to render it right now. I want the same template to appear like that so i can edit it normally. I don't want those navbar links on the GunZ page.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...