X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedy
    • Oct 2007
    • 4.0.x

[vB4] Change background color of tabs in profile page and links in Navbar

I'm trying to edit the color of the tabs in the profile pages and the color of the fonts. I also need to remove the background that appears when hovering over drop-down links in the navbar and the links in the upper right corner of the screen (Notifications, my Profile, Settings etc.).

I can't find any of these options in the StyleVars section. Can I edit this through CSS files? If so, please point me to the precise location of each of those CSS files, as the folder structure of vb4 is like a maze. Can't find anything there.

I've added a screenshot to clarify.
    Attached Files
  • sven4o
    • Feb 2010
    • 3.8.x

The background color of the navigation menu can be changed from your vBulletin admin panel->Style Manager. Pick Style Vars from the drop down menu. Search for navbar_background and pick the preferred color from the Background Color options.The navbar_link_color variable will allow you to change the color of the menu links.

In order to determine the other variables which you need to modify you can use a Mozilla Firefox addon like Firebug and check the style variables of the items. Then you can search in the Style Vars list and play with the settings.

Also, you can find a comprehensive list with the style variables in the pdf files attached to the following post:

SiteGround Technical Support Team Member.
    Check out our special vBulletin hosting package.

Comment

• Speedy
      • Oct 2007
      • 4.0.x

I've fixed it the hard way. In the AdminCP I've enabled the option to write CSS files. Then in the folder clientscript/vbulletin_css I've edited the file main-rollup.css in both folders style00007l and style00007r, and then chmodded the file to 444 to prevent vBulletin from changing them again. Anyway thanks for the link

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...