can anyone rip the emoticons from windows messenger in xp?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dumbakaydo
    • Nov 2001

can anyone rip the emoticons from windows messenger in xp?

i tried doing this, but i didnt do such a good job, those icons are real nice, i ripped most of them but when you see it on a dark page, there is still some white around it and it looks nasty... can anyone do this for me real good? i have the jpg file if you guys need it with a whole row of the emoticons.
  • JTMON
    • Oct 2001

Not sure but is it even legal to do that?
    JTMON

Comment

• Prolex
      • Jul 2001

If remeber correctly Microsoft publicly releases all their graphics...Like I know their icons etc are allowed to be freely distributed...

Comment

• dumbakaydo
        • Nov 2001

yup its free, so can someone rip those emoticons and put them in vbulletin? i did a terrible job... =(

Comment

• dumbakaydo
          • Nov 2001

hello can anyone make these buttons into smilies for me please? i did a bad job in photoshop and you can still see the white around it and the quality and color isnt the same. please help

Comment

• JTMON
            • Oct 2001

Hey buddy,

Since it's ok and these seem to ROCK! I will do this for you, but I can't do it until tomorrow at the earliest as I need access to my photoshop
            JTMON

Comment

• JTMON
              • Oct 2001

Do you have a link to where to download these from or did they just get pulled from a messenger install?
              JTMON

Comment

• NUTNDUN
                • Sep 2001

here are the first 14 smilies, I don't have time to finish the otherones yet, not that it takes long, just boring and tedious<sp?>
                GTtalk

Comment

• dumbakaydo
                  • Nov 2001

they got pulled directly from the messenger program itself
                  thanks guys for your help! i appreciate this!

Comment

• dumbakaydo
                    • Nov 2001

Originally posted by NUTNDUN
                    here are the first 14 smilies, I don't have time to finish the otherones yet, not that it takes long, just boring and tedious<sp?>
                    thanks =) but some of the icons still show a white around the border, this is what had happened to me, i dont know how to make it real smooth and w/o those white around it. because i have a dark background.

Comment

• NUTNDUN
                      • Sep 2001

If I get time I will work on em some more. As they are now they are rough cuts, turned into transparent background. I didn't have the time to blend some of the colors, when I get time I will work on em some more unless someone else does it. They should work fine on lighter backgrounds for now. I will post em here when I get em done.
                      GTtalk

Comment

• dumbakaydo
                        • Nov 2001

thanks a lot =) i really love those emoticons. heh...

Comment

• JTMON
                          • Oct 2001

Here ya go- All of them, look great with a dark background.
                          JTMON

Comment

• Ikram
                            • Dec 2001

I think these are ace and will be using them on my board shortly

Last edited by Ikram; Fri 7 Dec '01, 11:33am.

Comment

• JTMON
                              • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Prolex
                              If remeber correctly Microsoft publicly releases all their graphics...Like I know their icons etc are allowed to be freely distributed...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...winxpicons.asp
                              Well I am trying to make sure everything is totally legal with regards to copyright and such and I have come across this on Microsoft's site.

Icons
                              Microsoft does not generally allow the use of our icons in advertising, in books and other printed matter, on clothing or other promotional items, on-line and internet locations, in software applications, in television programs, commercials, movies, or on video tape, as they are NOT to be used as "artwork" or design elements.

EXCEPTIONS: Use of our icons is permissible in relation to a training manual or documentation written for and/or about a Microsoft product. In such cases, use of Microsoft icons must be specific to the function of the icon within the Microsoft software, and not used as a graphical element or design for your own purposes. Further, icons cannot be modified or altered and must appear as they would within the Microsoft software.

In addition, Software developers (ISV’s) may be allowed to use icons specifically provided in Microsoft Software Development Kits (SDK’s) and certain other programming tools and applications, (like Visual Basic or Visual C++), provided the use of icons is specifically covered in the Microsoft End User License Agreement (EULA). Please carefully review your EULA and other product documentation to determine your rights to use Microsoft icons. You may also wish to note that Microsoft Press has recently released the Microsoft® Management Console Design and Development Kit, ISBN 0-7356-1038-X. Redistribution rights for certain icons are granted under the EULA. Please visit
                              I found that here:

So I am guessing that if I want to use icons in the future, I should get them from the SDK's?
                              JTMON

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...