Postbit Legacy UserInfo How To Center Them All?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • princeedward
    • Jan 2007

[vB4] Postbit Legacy UserInfo How To Center Them All?

Hi maybe someone have a better idea or hope Lynne can see this and guide me more from her code below...

of course want to thank here you Lynne for all of this guide and tutorial for additional.css...as always the best of the best and day by day...i can learn from your tutorial....

Code:
    /* center avatar, username, title, rank, userinfo_extra, postbit_reputation, imlinks */
    .postbitlegacy .userinfo .username_container, .postbitlegacy .userinfo .rank, .postbitlegacy .userinfo .usertitle .imlinks {text-align:center;}
    .postbitlegacy .userinfo .postuseravatar, .postbitlegacy .userinfo .postuseravatar img  {float:none; text-align:center;}
    .postbitlegacy .userinfo .usertitle {display: block; float:none; text-align:center; clear: both;}
    .postbitlegacy .userinfo .userinfo_extra {text-align:center; }
    .postbit_reputation {float:none; text-align:center;}
    .postbitlegacy .imlinks  {float:none; text-align:center;}

through your code above i add little bit more to center some of that info on our postbit_legacy userinfo on the left side...

but still can't figure it out how am i gonna center or push it to the middle on the same alignment those other info below our reputation image here i guess its class="userinfo_extra"

that is the only problem i got now....tried all things to add and many ways but still not work or no luck at all....pls.view my attachment image below to what i want to be and to have for more info...

thanks and best regards to all....

Attached Files
    Last edited by princeedward; Mon 1 Mar '10, 7:44am.
  • princeedward
    • Jan 2007

YES! i finally figure it out....and fix my problem...

i just add this code...

Code:
    .postbitlegacy .userinfo .userinfo_extra dd {text-align:right;}
    to get the right side or <dd>{vb:raw post.joindate}</dd> and the others move to the right place

now i have to ask how can i make it more nearer to the mid center? then its all perfect...

view my latest image pls...

thanks and best regards...

Attached Files

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

You'll want to change the width of that block (and also probably clear it):
      Code:
      .postbitlegacy .userinfo .userinfo_extra {
      clear:both;
      width:100px;

}

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• princeedward
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Lynne
        You'll want to change the width of that block (and also probably clear it):
        Code:

}
        thanks Lynne for the reply and code but it doesn't help me at all...tried to use every way but its no good...they are moving everywhere and crazy....adjust all possible px too..its also the same...hmmm...as of now the best place i said is the last one i added... they are both side to side....i dont know if there is a chance to bring them both a little bit to center...so that would be perfect...

any idea please?

thanks anyway and best regards...

Comment

• JoeBum
          • Feb 2010

In another thread Lynne told me to change this, which I did and it worked great till I entered in this code in additional.css.

".postbitlegacy dl.userinfo_extra dt" changing the midwidth doesn't do anything anymore.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by princeedward
            thanks Lynne for the reply and code but it doesn't help me at all...tried to use every way but its no good...they are moving everywhere and crazy....adjust all possible px too..its also the same...hmmm...as of now the best place i said is the last one i added... they are both side to side....i dont know if there is a chance to bring them both a little bit to center...so that would be perfect...

any idea please?

thanks anyway and best regards...

What I posted was to be used in conjunction with the css you already posted (text-align:right). And it seems I forgot to add that you need to set float to none and margin to auto for that class also (already had that from trying something else out).
            Code:
            /* center listed userinfo in postbit_legacy */
            .postbitlegacy .userinfo .userinfo_extra dd {text-align:right;}
            float:none;
            margin:0 auto;
            }

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• princeedward
              • Jan 2007

W-o-w!

finally we or you got it...once again problem solved because of you....really great to have you always around...
              thanks a million once again Lynne...

All The Best....More Power...And Stay Healthy...or Awake at all times...we or people always need you around.... LOL

best regards then...

Comment

• Eazy
                • Jun 2009
                • 3.8.x

I'm looking to do something very similar, so I figured I would post in here.... I have one box right aligned and it's driving me nuts. I'm not using the additional.css, just a custom style.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VB_postbit_issue..JPG
Views:	1
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	3678448

I've tried editting the postbit_legacy template and postbit.css, but I cannot figure out what controls the box that contains "Thanked X Times in X posts"

I'm sure it's right in front of my face, I just need a little help. TYIA

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Since that is from a modification, you really should be asking in the modification thread about how to do that. We don't know what the code is on your page, or for that modification line, so it's hard to tell you how to do anything with it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...