Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluestartech
    • Dec 2009

Creating menu bar links?

I'm confused about creating custom pages on the top menu. I basically just want a tab called "The Wall" and have it go to a specific Forum category.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

There are a couple of modifications and a few articles over on vb.org on various ways to do this.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Leo Brazil
      • Nov 2007
      • 3.8.x

I searched about this here like crazy and found anything like a guide or something. You know, I was pretty quiet when 4.0 was still not Gold but I just can't take it any more. As far as I could read in several threads here, the Navbar Tabs vB 4.0 are now using here on the Gold version are not available by default, is that correct ? Or vB is really using something that is not an standard feature ?

OK, I don't mind to use an addon or mod but I think at least as a matter with respect, people here should have a sticky thread or something like "How to make your Nav Tabs like we have here" or a guide or anything.... Am I too blind to find something like that or not used yet with 4.0 search ?

I spent days looking at every single setup on the new 4.0 looking for that and only now it seems I can conclude this is not a matter of setup but customization.

Am I correct ? Or have I no reason to say such things ?

Comment

• Loco.M
        • Mar 2005
        • 3.5.x

there are a few ways at the ORG, but that site is crawling right now and I don't have 30 mins to do a search
        if you haven't found one by the end of the day, I'll give the search a shot again
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Leo Brazil
          • Nov 2007
          • 3.8.x

Thanks for that Loco but in fact what I'm trying to say is this was supposed to be here at com not at org site as vB shows up this feature as standard one, correct ?
          Funny is, vB stuff should say something about that very clear at least with a sticky thread or somenthing really on hands for anyone. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that were looking like crazy into all setup asking to my self: "What am I doing wrong ?" Got my point ?

Comment

• bluestartech
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Leo Brazil
            I searched about this here like crazy and found anything like a guide or something. You know, I was pretty quiet when 4.0 was still not Gold but I just can't take it any more. As far as I could read in several threads here, the Navbar Tabs vB 4.0 are now using here on the Gold version are not available by default, is that correct ? Or vB is really using something that is not an standard feature ?

OK, I don't mind to use an addon or mod but I think at least as a matter with respect, people here should have a sticky thread or something like "How to make your Nav Tabs like we have here" or a guide or anything.... Am I too blind to find something like that or not used yet with 4.0 search ?

I spent days looking at every single setup on the new 4.0 looking for that and only now it seems I can conclude this is not a matter of setup but customization.

Am I correct ? Or have I no reason to say such things ?
            It's very dissapointing. I had to use an addon to do this. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228507

You will have to remove the dependencies tag in the code.

Comment

• steven s
              • Jul 2004
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by bluestartech
              It's very dissapointing. I had to use an addon to do this. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228507

You will have to remove the dependencies tag in the code.
              What is disappointing? It's very easy to use the mod you linked to.
              ...steven
              www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
              bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
              "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Leo Brazil
                • Nov 2007
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by steven s
                What is disappointing? It's very easy to use the mod you linked to.
                In my case it's disappointing not because of this mod, in fact this mod is great (I'm using it now) but that's because I supposed paid for it when I bought a suite license and didn't get it.

OK, like I said, vB stuff should at least say that officially like if you want it, find it at org and may be recomend a mod they judge is fair coded.
                If you know at least some basic coding you can judge by your self about the good or bad mods at ORG but there are tons of newbies here....

Comment

• Loco.M
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 3.5.x

maybe there will be a guide in the vbulletin.com/docs/ at some point
                  even at IPB they are just now getting documentation for their new ip.content script
                  these things take time
                  -- Web Developer for hire
                  ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...