X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrdale96
    • Feb 2005
    • 4.2.X

Adjusting Thread/Threadstarter culumns width

I researched and found out how to adjust the column widths for the Forum Home Display for the main pages, but what I need now is to figure out how to adjust the columns for the thread Display page. I'm not exactly sure where to go to edit this information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum | http://www.pghsportsforum.com/forum
    Twitter - @pghsportsforum
    Facebook - www.facebook.com/pghsportsforum
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You would edit the template to set the width of that column. I think that is the threadbit template.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Mrdale96
      • Feb 2005
      • 4.2.X

Woudl you happen to know where at in the Threadbit Templates? Under just "Threadbit" or some other one?

I looked under "Threadbit" and didn't see the same type of variables to edit like I came across in Forum Display to edit the column wiodths for the forum home display, then again, it could be different here

Thanks!

Comment

• Mrdale96
        • Feb 2005
        • 4.2.X

I ended up figuring it out.

It was under Threadbit Template >> Threadbit

Changed :

<if condition="$show['threadmoved']">
        <td class="alt2" align="center">-</td>
        <else />
        <td class="alt2" title="<phrase 1="$thread[replycount]" 2="$thread[views]">$vbphrase[replies_x_views_y]</phrase>">
        <div class="smallfont" style="text-align:$stylevar[right]; white-space:nowrap">
        $thread[lastpostdate] <if condition="!$show['detailedtime']"><span class="time">$thread[lastposttime]</span></if><br />

---------

changed that to "center" and it moved the columns over so they weren't all squashed to the right. Looks nice

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

There is no $stylevar[center]. So, basically you just removed the text-align for that div.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Mrdale96
            • Feb 2005
            • 4.2.X

Well.... it worked initially or it showed that it worked but doesn't anymore. Must be my eyes. Still trying to find a solution

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Well, what exactly do you want? If you want the column wider, or a set width, then you need to add width="xx" to the <td> tag. However, your template appears to be modified from default, so I'm not exactly sure where you would do this in your template. You may want to ask the style designer for help.

Comment

• Mrdale96
                • Feb 2005
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Lynne
                Well, what exactly do you want? If you want the column wider, or a set width, then you need to add width="xx" to the <td> tag. However, your template appears to be modified from default, so I'm not exactly sure where you would do this in your template. You may want to ask the style designer for help.
                I just want to be able to set the columns wider. For example, I was able to do so for the Forum Home pages. I was able to go in and set the "Forum", "Last Post", "Posts" and "Views" columns to a desired percentage width in Forum Home and Forum Display.

Here's a couple screen shots. The first one is the forum home, it shows that I had adjusted the columns to a desired width.... The second image is the Threads page and circled are the columns, I want to be able to make those columns wider so stuff isn't squashed to the right.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

OK, like I said, you need to set a width for those columns - <td wdith="30%"> or whatever for each one. You can either set that in the threadbit template, or find the template that just puts in the thread column titles - "Last Post", "Views", etc - and put in the width there.

Comment

• Mrdale96
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 4.2.X

Do you have any idea where the thread columns for "Last post", "views" might be? I've been looking but coming up empty handed. Didn't really find anything in threadbits, but i could have easily been looking for an obvious when it's more than that

Thanks!

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

You mean what template they are in? Do this to find the template - vboptions > General Settings > Add Template Name in HTML Comments > set to Yes . Then go back to your page and view the source code and you will see the name of the template called around your part of the code. Sometimes the template is the one mentioned at the very top of the page source.

Comment

• Mrdale96
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 4.2.X

I tried what you said but couldn't find a Template for which it were in. I copied the code from my page source of what I'm looking for. I tried a template search but came back with 0 results.

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_navbar_below -->

<!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_navbar_below -->
                        <!-- END TEMPLATE: navbar -->

<!-- sub-forum list -->
                        <table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%" align="center" style="border-bottom-width:0px">
                        <tr>
                        <td class="tcat" width="100%">Sub-Forums<span class="normal"> : Information 'N At</span></td>

<td class="vbmenu_control" id="forumsearch.subforums" nowrap="nowrap"><a href="search.php?f=1" rel="nofollow">Search this Forum</a> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("forumsearch.subforums"); </script></td>

</tr>
                        </table>
                        <table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
                        <thead>
                        <tr align="center">
                        <td class="thead">&nbsp;</td>
                        <td class="thead" width="100%" align="left">Forum</td>
                        <td class="thead">Last Post</td>
                        <td class="thead">Threads</td>
                        <td class="thead">Posts</td>

</tr>
                        </thead>
                        <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: forumhome_forumbit_level1_post -->

Comment

• Mrdale96
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 4.2.X

Disregard that lost post. That's not what I'm looking for, I had edited that in FORUMDISPLAY already. Sorry about that

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

On my test site, the columns are in the template FORUMDISPLAY about a quarter of the way down right after $announcebits.

Comment

• Mrdale96
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Lynne
                              On my test site, the columns are in the template FORUMDISPLAY about a quarter of the way down right after $announcebits.
                              Excellent! I ended up finding them and with some experimenting figured out which to change to get the look I was shooting for.

Thanks for all of your help! It was greatly appreciated

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...