X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Halfhidden
    • Sep 2009
    • 4.0.x

Different navbar for different areas

I'm very new to Vbulletin but learning fast. I've had a look through the forum and cannot find what I would like to do.
    I believe that I have a relatively classic setup with Vbulletin 3.8.4 and Photopost 6. something front ended with VBadvanced.
    Now this is a truly awesome set of software and I'm trying to get to grips of some of the features available.
    Right now I am wondering can I offer a different navbar selection depending on where the member is.
    For instance. If the member is in the forum I would like to have the navbar only offer the forum links (obviously with top level links like home and so on). Now if the member then navigate to the gallery the navbar then only offers gallery links...... can this be done?
    Thanks for reading this request.
  • ukchat
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.8.x

I've been trying to look into this as well.

Kind of like using if conditionals to say;

<if thisscript == showthread.php>content to display<else />alternate content to display</if>

but I'm not sure it can be done, 'easily'. I know that vbadvanced has the ability of checking which script is called, but I'm guessing that it's a hard coded function.

Comment

• ukchat
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ukchat
      I've been trying to look into this as well.

Kind of like using if conditionals to say;

<if thisscript == showthread.php>content to display<else />alternate content to display</if>

but I'm not sure it can be done, 'easily'. I know that vbadvanced has the ability of checking which script is called, but I'm guessing that it's a hard coded function.
      And after a quick look - rofl! - found over at vbulletin.org - well i was close lol

In vB, you can use THIS_SCRIPT. At the top of every php page, this is defined:
      define('THIS_SCRIPT', 'xxxx');

In Template
      <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'xxxx'">
      stuff
      </if>

Comment

• Halfhidden
        • Sep 2009
        • 4.0.x

@UKchat. I am just finishing off a drop down menu found on vb org and I'm putting <if> statements in to this without a problem. That way I can group all of the area's together and make the members work less to find what they need.
        Forinstance. pull down gallery and all the gallery choises are there for you. Pull down forum and the same thier.
        You can give a great deal of choice to the member and use very little space doing so in the navbar area.
        This is built in pure CSS and is 100% compatible with all browsers.

Comment

• Halfhidden
          • Sep 2009
          • 4.0.x

If you wan't to use the drop down (real easy to edit) menu. search for UKBL Quality Drop Down Menu System....on vbulletin.org.
          Enjoy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...