X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vcoderzdotcom
    • Jul 2007

VBulletin default style

Hello all,

Im looking for vbulletin default style, the one used in this forum (white liquid), i want to install it on Vbulletin 3.8.3. where can i find it ??

i searched a bit here and in vbulletin.org and found this one here

it looks that it's posted long time ago. will it be compatible with the latest vb version??

on more thing, how can i get the same drop down menus of this forum ("blogs", "search", "quick links"...."admin tools"). does it come by default in 3.8.3 (i still didnt install it. ill upgrade today or tomorrow).

I hope i'll get answers.

thanks in advance
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will be identical to the original default style.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• vcoderzdotcom
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will be identical to the original default style.
      it didnt work everything was blank

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

What's the URL? Do you have any add-ons installed?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• vcoderzdotcom
          • Jul 2007

What's the URL? Do you have any add-ons installed?

Thanks steve, i had a problem in some files. now i can see the original style.

on the other hand, as i mentioned earlier, i have a problem in the drop down menus. for example when i click on "Forum Tools", or "Search Forum", it just moves down, to see a box there containing the admin tools or the search box. and so on.

the forum is here : http://forum.vcoderz.com

but it's closed now for maintenance

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Do you have the same problem with the style I asked you to create? If you do then one of your add-ons is causing this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• vcoderzdotcom
              • Jul 2007

Do you have the same problem with the style I asked you to create? If you do then one of your add-ons is causing this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

it didn't work as well,

the suspected files were just the ones of the post thank you, and zoint ceo products.

i installed the new version of vbulletin today 3.8.3. of course i replaced everything.

im posting some screenshots

when i click here

i get this at the end of page:

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

That is not the style I asked you to create previously. What's the URL?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• vcoderzdotcom
                  • Jul 2007

true, when i took the screenshot, there was another style, but i tested what u asked on the default one.

here's it http://forum.vcoderz.com/ the default style.

the same thing is happening on all the styles. it was like that on vb 3.6.7, and then 3.7.2.

i was hoping that i comes back to normal with drop down menus when upgrading to 3.8.3
                  Last edited by vcoderzdotcom; Sat 11 Jul '09, 12:38pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

You have: Template-Modifications by TMS and Inactive Reminders By Mished.co.uk

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• vcoderzdotcom
                      • Jul 2007

yes, i still have the same problem.

in the members profiles, it looks bad, bcuz members can't click "send message". i need those drop down menus

Comment

• Mark.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 6.0.X

Having looked at your site;

Can you go to:
                        Admin CP > Style & language Settings > Use 'vBMenu' DHTML Popup Menus?

Tell me what that is set to. It should be "Yes" for the menus to work.
                        Last edited by Mark.B; Sun 12 Jul '09, 12:51am.
                        MARK.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        ------------
                        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• vcoderzdotcom
                          • Jul 2007

Thanks Mark ! it's solved.

but i still have a problem in the users profile.

check here for example :

under the username, the Send Message is deformed.

any solution for that ?

Comment

• Mark.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 6.0.X

I can't see that since you have to log in to view profiles, and the chances are I wouldn't see the link as a guest anyhow.

Can you get a screenshot?
                            MARK.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            ------------
                            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• vcoderzdotcom
                              • Jul 2007

here's it, The "Send Message" and "Edit User Profile"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...