Is this change to the search in Navbar possible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamieinNH
    • May 2004
    • 3.8.x

Is this change to the search in Navbar possible?

Hello!

I would like to help my users easily search the forum with a set date similar to the Today's Posts, but I would like it to be able to be selected Last Two days, One week, etc..

I know we have the option under Advanced Search, but a lot of my users either don't understand that, or forget about it and end up going through each and every forum looking for posts they either read, but didn't have time to post in, or totally missed.

I would like to add just the 'Find Posts from' to the Search drop down menu in the Navbar.

I have photoshopped what I am looking for to make it easier to understand what I am looking to do.

After looking at it, can you tell me if this is possible? Easy to code with some changes? Or do I need to get someone to help me as I don't code, only can make slight changes.

Thanks for looking at this and helping answer this question. If it's an easy change, what would I need to do.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
  • JamesC70
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.8.x

Take a look at this mod on vBulletin.org. If you need help making this work, PM me on either forum (I use the same username on both).

Comment

• JamieinNH
      • May 2004
      • 3.8.x

Thanks James! That worked like a charm.

A couple of things for people that run across this thread. The code in the first post of the other thread has a typo in it, it's discussed later in that thread.

Plus, there is an 'add on' to the code in that thread that adds Unanswered Threads, and Your Threads to this list.

Again, Thanks for the tip!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...