Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carsafety
    • Jan 2003

Looking for CSS only Styles for 3.8.x please

Anyone know of a good assortment of 3.8.3 compatible styles that are basically the VB 3.8 default style with changes only to the CSS and not to templates/phrases?

Basically, I want to have a nice variety of child styles off of my parent style (basically a stock vB style with CSS updates) and just be able to import them and go, without any future hassles when it comes to upgrades or plugins.

I would also take recommendations on a designer who would take my parent style (basically a css modified vB standard style) and create various child styles off of it.

forums are www.car-seat.org

Thanks!
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

You can find several in over at www.vBulletin.org, as many Stylers have links to own site for many more free links... I dought you can find one without images that have matching color scheme...

vBulletin 3 Style Packs might have some, but you maybe wanting to request some be made for you or download default buttons and simple use Photoshop Alternative (Gimp) and change the hue.
    Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Thu 25 Jun '09, 7:45pm.

Comment

• Carsafety
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
      You can find several in over at www.vBulletin.org, as many Stylers have links to own site for many more free links... I dought you can find one without images that have matching color scheme...

vBulletin 3 Style Packs might have some, but you maybe wanting to request some be made for you or download default buttons and simple use Photoshop Alternative (Gimp) and change the hue.
      Thanks for the reply and input! I made do with some old ones I had by reverting the templates so they were basically just CSS changes. Works fine for now. You'd think the economy was great. I contacted a number of designers from websites and forums, plus a couple requests in forum posts. Not one person bothered with the courtesy of a reply to refuse my money lol. Oh well, gave me the incentive to spend 30 minutes to patch something together myself.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Just download the styles you want... Then select "Revert All Templates" for that style after installing as a child style. See if you still like it with your parent controlling the template changes. If you do then keep it.

Styles don't change phrases so you shouldn't have to worry about that. That doesn't mean that designers don't hard code language into a template though.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carsafety
          • Jan 2003

Yup, that's exactly what I did after upgrading to 3.8.3. I wish I had investigated how to do that before lol.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...