X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kennn
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.6.x

Updating 3.6.8 Skins to 3.8.2

I recently found about 200 free skins available on vbSkins.com and downloaded a few. Unfortunately, they don't look like they're supported anymore and all of them (at least the ones I downloaded) are coded for 3.6.8. I'd like to try to update them for my 3.8.2 board.

If I install a 3.6.8 skin on my 3.8.2. board, using "ignore version," will vBulletin give me the template comparisons and reversion features like it does when I upgrade the board with already installed older skins? That would be the only way I could go about this I think. If it does not, I'll just have to nix the idea of using these skins.

Thanks for any info!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Yes, you should be able to use the compare template function, but in all honesty there are so may changes since 3.6.8 I suspect it will be very tedious to update those.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• kennn
      • Mar 2006
      • 3.6.x

Yes, it may turn out that way but I'll give it a shot with one and see how it goes. I'm hoping that any missing templates will be covered by the default style and that I can simply revert most of the others except header, footer and navbar, which I think are the ones that have been customized. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

• napy8gen
        • Jul 2001
        • 6.X

I was the original designer for all those skins but not working with them anymore.
        Since I was out the collection there left alone without any update.

most of them if using navbar in header. you need to copy new <!--nav button bar--> code from navbar template. there was removal of class in the nav buton bar and added only one class/id in the main table.

other than that you just need to know how to separate design code from header and footer template.

you also need to copy new images in misc, buttons and maybe statusicons. compare with the latest folder.

If you need further help you can come to my site and contact me.
        Get Our vbulletin 6 themes

Comment

• kennn
          • Mar 2006
          • 3.6.x

Hey Hanafi!

Fancy seeing you here. I thought some of those skins over at vbSkins.com had your touch. I'm a regular customer of yours over at SultanThemes. I just bought 22 new themes from you recently.

I'll definitely contact you over at your site if I need any guidance on updating these 3.6.8 themes (which I'm sure I will). Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...