Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitetigergrowl
    • Jun 2004
    • 5.1.x

IMO 1atk.com showed more innovation and a cleaner design overall. Let alone cleaner look. I hate Pokeman. But I love the style and feel of 1atk.com. It actually has 'style' to it and a certain charm IMO.

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by whitetigergrowl
      IMO 1atk.com showed more innovation and a cleaner design overall. Let alone cleaner look. I hate Pokeman. But I love the style and feel of 1atk.com. It actually has 'style' to it and a certain charm IMO.
      Well - I actually like Pokemon :P -- I loved the animated new posts icon of the custom style. The only thing is - I'm viewing the forum in Opera - because I love the Opera browser - And when looking at the actual posts - the style changes to some ugly brown style that says Shadow Ninja Masters or some such... Then I scrolled to the style changer and saw that there was over 10 skins to choose from ==> It was a huge turnoff.

I especially wanted to see the postbit customization and to see if there were any other template modifications - but I just didn't bother browsing the forum after the style changed...

At anyrate - I thought the GridIronCity forum has a distinctive and well thought-out dark styling throughout the entire forum - and the postbit legacy customization is nice.

Jacquii.

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

• Baba Wawa
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by MsJacquiiC

Then I scrolled to the style changer and saw that there was over 10 skins to choose from ==> It was a huge turnoff.

I especially wanted to see the postbit customization and to see if there were any other template modifications - but I just didn't bother browsing the forum after the style changed...

At anyrate - I thought the GridIronCity forum has a distinctive and well thought-out dark styling throughout the entire forum - and the postbit legacy customization is nice.

Jacquii.
        Why is offering a variety of styles a turnoff? (Just trying to understand - no idea why that would be the case.)

And if possible - what is postbit customization? postbit legacy customization? why are they important?

AGain - just asking because I have no idea what these things mean.

Comment

• TylerK10
          • Aug 2006
          • 3.8.x

This was a tough one - some good nominations this month for sure.

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
            • Nov 2006
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Baba Wawa
            Why is offering a variety of styles a turnoff? (Just trying to understand - no idea why that would be the case.)

And if possible - what is postbit customization? postbit legacy customization? why are they important?

AGain - just asking because I have no idea what these things mean.
            Well - not to get in a debate... But my personal preference is to have 1 complete, custom style. Offering a bunch of premade, generic styles is just a turnoff to me - but obviously the $20 premade skin or handful of free styles is a turnon to others - It's not my preference though; My philosophy is one is more than enough

Postbit customization is just a style (usually css design or custom code like on JPiC Forum) different from the default vBulletin. You'll notice the postbit on JPiC Forum is quite modified with added ajax tabs, etc...

Anyway - the vB.com BOTM competition voting is based on personal preference - And of course - my preference may not be everyone's preference as noted in the votes

Jacquii.

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

• Baba Wawa
              • Feb 2009
              • 3.8.x

Thank you, Jacquii. I'm trying to learn from your much more experienced outlook and more informed eye.

Comment

• Loco.M
                • Mar 2005
                • 3.5.x

I voted for orchidboard.com

good luck everyone
                -- Web Developer for hire
                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 3.8.x

I've been around

Originally posted by Baba Wawa
                  Thank you, Jacquii. I'm trying to learn from your much more experienced outlook and more informed eye.
                  I've been around for a minute - so I've got a bit of experience - don't know about "informed" though LOL --- Anyway - just stating my opinion is all and I'm happy to do so

Jacquii.

Comment

• fufu
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 3.8.x

1atk.com's default style is custom.

The pre-made styles were purchased by the individual teams/clans on the site to represent themselves.

*to give off that you entered mark my territory feel*

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 3.8.x

Ah! Okay - makes since now - And I do realize my comment may have been a bit harsh lol - so apologies I guess... Anyway - for some reason - when I browsed the main page in Opera - the style changes when I view actual threads - it was kinda weird - you may wanna check the style options or something...

Jacquii.

Comment

• fufu
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by MsJacquiiC
                        Ah! Okay - makes since now - And I do realize my comment may have been a bit harsh lol - so apologies I guess... Anyway - for some reason - when I browsed the main page in Opera - the style changes when I view actual threads - it was kinda weird - you may wanna check the style options or something...

Jacquii.
                        the changing of themes is suppose to happen when you enter a clan/team's territory (board/thread).

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by fufu
                          the changing of themes is suppose to happen when you enter a clan/team's territory (board/thread).
                          Oh... Hmmmm - That just seems a bit weird to me - I suppose I'm the only one LOL -- Anyway - if your Members like it - that's what really matters - but sense this is the BOTM thread - I thought I'd comment anyway - I didn't realize that the styles are supposed to change hmm... Anyway - looks like Glorify The Past has sewed up the BOTM win

Jacquii.

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

Yay! Congrats

Comment

• glorify
                              • Jul 2004
                              • 3.8.x

Awesome! Thanks to those who voted and thanks for maintaining the contest, Scott.

Comment

• Caddyman
                                • Dec 2005
                                • 3.6.x

congrats man, well deserved
                                PA Forums
                                Philly Sports
                                Delaware Online

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...