X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eatworksleepdie
    • Oct 2008
    • 4.2.X

Adding a rotating banner & "sponsor" page

sorry for the newB question, I've been searching and can't seem to come up with anything on this..
    I have a 2 part question.

here's the site:

The template is a modified version of "Black Ice"

Part 1:
    I need to add a rotating banner to my site, I think I have some Javascript code that will work, but can't for the life of me find where to put the code at to make it work! dumb, I know, so don't flame me! haha.
    I need to get something on the top of the page in the middle probably next to the logo..

Part 2:
    I also need to add a new link in the top navigation bar that will go to a sponsor page with a bunch of additional banners etc..

any help would be much appreciated!
    Tony - michiganvw.org
  • calorie
    • May 2003

1: Place the JavaScript in the ad_header_logo template to have the ads show next to the logo. You can find the ad_header_logo template by going to the ACP -> Styles & Templates -> Search in Templates.

2: You can add a link to the navbar template. After this:
    Code:
    		<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="calendar.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[calendar]</a></td>
    Add something like this:
    Code:
    		<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="http://DOMAIN.com">Our Sponsor</a></td>

Comment

• eatworksleepdie
      • Oct 2008
      • 4.2.X

thx a bunch Carrie! I finally got a chance to try the "ad_header" looks like that'll work perfectly, thank you!!... I've been dealing with a sicky wife.

I added to the navbar too! sweet.

which I neglected to add, how could I get the logo, the new banner space, and the navigation row on a blank page? I would like to make the "sponsors" page to feel part of the site, and be easy to get back to the forums. ..
      Tony - michiganvw.org

Comment

• eatworksleepdie
        • Oct 2008
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by eatworksleepdie
        which I neglected to add, how could I get the logo, the new banner space, and the navigation row on a blank page? I would like to make the "sponsors" page to feel part of the site, and be easy to get back to the forums. ..
        anyone on this bump?!
        Tony - michiganvw.org

Comment

• all-in
          • Apr 2009

Nice work on the ad header. Can you place smaller ones along the side that are in a rotator?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...