X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kayskid
    • Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Looking for help adding a new style

Probably pretty basic info needed, but after I download a style, there aren't any directions with it - I'm guessing I just upload the "upload" files to the root directory where my vB is and then...?????

For example, I downloaded ArtDeco. It has a root file called ArtDeco (an .xml file) and then UpLoad and DoNotUpload folders. My assumption is that I will upload all of the files in the UpLoad folder to my root directory, so that a new folder called "ArtDeco" will exist within it - but what do I do with the .xml file?

I will hopefully only need help once with this as I'm new to vB, but not new to modding discussion boards.
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

Upload the upload directory contents to the location given in the instructions for the style. Import the XML via

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Upload/Download Style

Use the Upload Style section.

Comment

• kayskid
      • Feb 2009
      • 3.8.x

Ok - thanks. I did that and the styles are there, but only kind of. The colors of them seems right, but the images (for things like "New Post", etc) aren't showing. Is there something I need to do to refresh the templates to make them show?

Even when I'm posting this reply on here, I see the "bold", "italic" images - but when I'm on mine and go to make a post, the images aren't there just the words "Bold" "Italic" - etc -

Comment

• Winterfell
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kayskid
        Ok - thanks. I did that and the styles are there, but only kind of. The colors of them seems right, but the images (for things like "New Post", etc) aren't showing. Is there something I need to do to refresh the templates to make them show?

Even when I'm posting this reply on here, I see the "bold", "italic" images - but when I'm on mine and go to make a post, the images aren't there just the words "Bold" "Italic" - etc -
        Make sure you upload the image files for the theme to your forum's image directory on your server.

Comment

• kayskid
          • Feb 2009
          • 3.8.x

Yeah - I just figured that out when I was looking at the header file and saw where the images were pointing. Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...