X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heineken77
    • Oct 2001

Screenshot Question?

Hello guys,

I've seen many of you post great screenshots here, and I would really like to know what the best program is to do this? What's the name of it, is it easy to learn and is it easy to post cut outs of a sceen ((like certain parts rather than a full screenshot)) like how I've seen some of you do. I've even seen some of you insert text into the shot! WOW lol

Also, when I make the screenshot, am I correct in assuming that I would upload it to my server and then type [IMG] the directory full http://mydomain/path/filename.gif and then end it with the closing of IMG?

I would really appreciate if some of you could help me here!

Have a wonderful day!
  • Chen
    • Jun 2001

I'm moving this over to the graphics forum, not really a vBulletin question is it?

Anyway, I use Photoshop 6.0, but it's kind of expensive.
    Basically any program can handle screen shots, you click Print Screen on your keyboard, and paste it in the program (ctrl+v).
    You can even use MSPaint ().
    If you want something good, but not too expensive, I recommend PSP (Paint Shop Pro).

And yes, if you'd like to show that image in a post, you can either attach it, or upload it to somewhere and do something like .
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Heineken77
      • Oct 2001

Hi there Firefly!

Thanks for answering yet another one of my questions!

And you're right, nor really a vBulletin question LOL

Sorry about that bro! I'm going to try to fool with screenshots in Photoshop and hopefully I luck out hehe

Thanks again!!

Comment

• SteveK
        • Sep 2000

For just manipulating screen shots, take a look at a program called Snag It at http://www.techsmith.com/

Comment

• Bald Bouncer
          • Jul 2001
          • 5.0.X

I use paint shop pro to do screen captures, I think you can download a trial version but i'm not sure.
          Rheena.com For Xbox360 Wii-u PS Vita 3DS iphone ipad Android Devices And More

Comment

• Heineken77
            • Oct 2001

SteveK ... Thank you my friend!! SnagIT is the was exactly what I was looking for!!! Anything better than SnagIT and that simple? If not, I'm happy with it!!!

Cheers!!

Thanks for the reply BaldBouncer I found what I need!!

Comment

• Mr. X
              • May 2001

check out Capture IT from www.analogx.com

Free, has a timer and all that. Great stuff.

I just print screen, and go into photoshop etc.

For converting over to jpg I use ACDSee view. I think the classic version is free and lets you do it but Im not sure.

You could also try GIMP, which is free. www.gimp.org I think it is.
              forums: pcfx.cc
              gallery: here

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...