How to change board styles in phpmyadmin?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I, Brian
    • Feb 2003
    • 3.6.x

How to change board styles in phpmyadmin?

I've implemented a new style for one of my forums, but it looks like a number of individual boards are set to specifically use an older style.

Normally I'd change these one by one but it's a big board with a huge number of boards.

I figure there must be a simple way to change all boards to use a specific style using phpmyadmin.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me, please?

ADDED: Looks like I just need to update the forum database so that in the table "forum" styleid = 0 instead of 1.

ADDED 2: Isuspect the query would look something like the following:

UPDATE forum SET styleid = '0' WHERE styleid = '1';

but I'd rather ask than risk running a test live in case I break something, especially after suffering dataloss with a failed table a couple of months ago.
    Last edited by I, Brian; Sat 3 Jan '09, 10:04am.

• I, Brian
    • Feb 2003
    • 3.6.x

Okay, looks like I managed to get this figured out myself by testing on a new forum. Looks like the SQL command works.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by I, Brian
      Okay, looks like I managed to get this figured out myself by testing on a new forum. Looks like the SQL command works.
      Best thing to do is setup a test forum next time. Than you can always fiddle around with commands and mysql fields etc... Without worrying about data loss

Glad you got it working.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...