Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karen
    replied
    Thanks, Menno

Coming from a graphics designer thats a great compliment.

Karen

Leave a comment:

• Menno
    replied
    nice board, looks really clean

Leave a comment:

• Karen
    replied
    Thanks, RobRJ

I am using the $cssinclude template so I will fix that immediately.

Feel free to ask me anything you want to know on the forums.

Now that I got a few bugs worked out I am going to try to drive more traffic to the site. So if you know anyone else that needs some health advice just send them my way.

Thanks again,

Karen

Leave a comment:

• RobRJ
    replied
    Karen:

Great looking site! I really like the use of red, black and white as a color scheme.

One thing I noticed, when I go into a forum, at the top where it lists the forums title link, then forum name (The STAY Fit Online Community > Cardiovascular Training), there are different fonts.
    If you want "The STAY Fit Online Community" to be Arial like the individual forum names, I think all you'll need to do is edit the style reference for the "A" tag on your pages to add the font name.

Currently, you have:
    Code:
    <STYLE>A {TEXT-DECORATION: none} 
    A:hover {TEXT-DECORATION: underline}
    A:visited { color: rgb(204,0,51); }
    </STYLE>
    I think this will work in it's place...
    Code:
    <STYLE>A {font-family: Arial; TEXT-DECORATION: none} 
    A:hover {font-family: Arial; TEXT-DECORATION: underline} 
    A:visited {font-family: Arial; color: rgb(204,0,51); }
    </STYLE>
    I may have unnecessarily repeated the "font-family: Arial" stuff..... I'm by no means a style sheet guru.
    I would, however, recommend using one external stylesheet so you won't have to redo individual pages (if you're not already doing that now).

Again, great site you have there!!!
    I'm going to make a post over there (gotta get back into shape --- too much sitting down in front of the PC!!!).

Leave a comment:

• Karen
    replied
    Thank you for your comments and suggestions. It's nice to know what the site looks like on other computers. I was wondering myself if I was using too much red. Will make changes soon.

Thanks Again,
    Karen

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    oh yeah another thing i.e. in this thread http://forums.stayfitonline.com/show...hp3?threadid=1

because i am viewing the site at 800x600, your table width pushes the post message icons (quote icon) to another line... maybe you want to delete some spaces between those message icons, especially between the search icon and edit/delete icon

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    well it looks really great.. it would be a site i would visit ( i did a uni subject on weight control, diet and excercise and found it interest )

i am viewing the site at 800x600@16bit resolution and using IE5.5 a few suggestions

the visited link colour in red - maybe a different colour or darker red ? for me it hurts my eyes..

Leave a comment:

• Karen
    started a topic Need some comments about new site!

Need some comments about new site!

Well we got our new site up and running last week and I want your comments or suggestions. Before we start marketing the site I wanted to get your opinions. So please check out the site and the forums and let me know what you think. Also please feel free to ask any health related questions and have them answered by a professional. Now remember I am a Personal Trainer and Dietitian, and not a web designer so if you see anything out of normal let me know.

Thanks,
    Karen
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...