• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Revolution Yes
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.8.x

Custom Navigation Bar

Hello,

I want to create a custom navigation bar (whilst leaving the standard vB one intact) so that I can give prominence to specific sections of my forum. This navigation bar would contain images (.jpg buttons) which link to different sections of my forum.

1) Can anyone give me a rough idea on how to create a custom navigation bar - would I need to use 'tables', and if so can someone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

2) Where in my style sheet would I place the finished navigation table? Do I simply place the code where I want it to appear, for example, directly below the header (at the bottom of the 'header' stylesheet)?

Thanks for any help.
  • Nick
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.8.x

All you need to do is edit the current navigation bar by editing the navbar template.
    If you want to leave the original one, you can add a second navigation bar directly below the first.

Read this thread, particularly posts 1 and 3: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108961
    Regards,
    Nick

Comment

• Revolution Yes
      • Dec 2007
      • 3.8.x

Thanks so much for that Nick, it worked a treat!

Does anyone know how to change the color of the 2nd nav bar? It's appearing 'black' by default, and I need it to be the same color as my link images.

Comment

• Revolution Yes
        • Dec 2007
        • 3.8.x

Can anyone advise whether or not it's a good idea to put a custom navigation in the "Header" of Common Templates?

Comment

• Nick
          • Feb 2008
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Revolution Yes
          Can anyone advise whether or not it's a good idea to put a custom navigation in the "Header" of Common Templates?
          There is nothing wrong with doing this.
          Regards,
          Nick

Comment

• Revolution Yes
            • Dec 2007
            • 3.8.x

Thanks for your reply, Nick.

Comment