Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcncyo
    • Jul 2000

adding smiles and icons

does anyone know how to get a bunch of smiles and icons which is already in the dirctory without adding each one by one? for an example a script that will look into a directory with the smiles are then added the field needed to mysql. Then we just need to go in and add the text and the replacement code with modify.
  • George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

well all i do is ftp into the smilies directory and upload the new smilies...

then go into control panel and hit add smiley link and add the code and image path...

for some reason the upload function in the control panel does work ?

when i use it the image path to the smiley becomes

/images/smilies/imagename.gif/

with the extra "/" after it ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• cyo
      • Jul 2000

this will not be so bad if i was just adding 5 to 10 but i have 30 to add to it.

I will be creating a script that will do what i needed to but i didn't want to do something that someone has already done.

[Edited by cyo on 08-27-2000 at 01:26 PM]

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

oh i see... i know how ya feel, i have 60 - 70 smilies that i added slowly each day...
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...