X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnBradshaw
    • Aug 2001

Welcome Text

Hi,

I know this isn't quite a hack, but hell I worked it out and I think it will be useful to other people!

You'll notice that when you are not logged in to vB you get a message about how to login or register and so on. I thought to myself this would be a great place to put a little info where people will automatically see it and not have to trawl around, so here's what I did!

In the templates section of your Admin interface expand the Forum Home Page Templates section and then click on forumhome [change original] you will then be presented with a text box, you need to scroll down to $unregwelcomemessage, you then need to place code like this:
    PHP Code:
    <normalfont>
    The Forums are back up and runningthanks for your paitence! <a href="announcement.php?s=&forumid=3">Click Here</a> for more information<br>
    New 
    rules to protect you <a href="showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=178">Click Here</a> for more information<br>
    Get your own domain for only £30 <a href="http://www.cadetwebdesign.com/services.shtml">Click Here</a> for more information
    </normalfont>
    <
    hr
    After:
    PHP Code:
    <table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"  align="center">
    $unregwelcomemessage
    <tr valign="bottom">
        <
    td
    This is before the <smallfont>Registered Members: part, I realise this might be a bit abigious but this is my first hack and I don't want to break the hack rules! You can see it working here

Anyway I hope it helps someone!
    Last edited by JohnBradshaw; Wed 29 Aug '01, 4:47pm.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

template edits are not hacks. I have moved your thread to a more appropriate location.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...