X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DirtyDan
    • Aug 2001

Was bringt update 2.0 auf 2.3 ?

Hi Leute,
    möcht gerne mal wissen was das update von 2.0 auf 2.3 bringt?
    Nur bugfixes oder auch neue features?
    Wir haben unter http://www.kacke.de ein Fun Forum laufen. Mittlerweile haben wir soviel im code 'rumgehackt' das wir überhaupt nicht mehr wissen ob das Forum noch läuft nach einem update *bibber*
    1.) Schaut euch mal an wie ihr das Forum style findet.
    2.) Schreibt uns mal bitte was zu dem update und dessen 'nebenwirkungen'

Thx, und grüsse aus Germanien

Dan
  • mjames
    • Nov 2000
    • 3.8.x

I don't think vB offers German support so must of us have no idea what you're saying.

The vB update from 2.0.0 to 2.0.3 was primarily a bug and security fix - if you running any 2x version less than 2.0.3, you are running insecurely. I suggest upgrading ASAP, it will not overwrite your templates and changes.
    Marc James
    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
    Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

• Chen
      • Jun 2001

Or you can just upload the new sessions.php file, it will solve the security issue.
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• orca
        • Mar 2001
        • 5.5.x

Und viel Feedback werdet ihr wohl nicht kriegen: Es sind nicht viele hier, die Deutsch sprechen. Was das Update betrifft:
        Die Templates gehen nicht verloren. Wenn ihr die PHP-Files gehackt habt, könnt ihr versuchen, mit Beyond Compare oder ähnlichem Programm die Änderungen zu übernehmen. Falls ihr eine Stelle in den neuen Files nicht findet, schaut in admin/functions.php.
        Ueli

Comment

• Pogo
          • May 2001

Na, ich denke, dass hier inzwischen fast genug Leute deutsch sprechen, so dass auch englischunkundigeren geholfen werden kann. Sollten die "vielen deutschen" stören, wird sich sicherlich eine Lösung finden lassen
          this is my sig

Comment

• Chen
            • Jun 2001

Don't you just hate it when people talk in public and you can't understand a word?
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• JamesUS
              • Aug 2000

Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut

German: Die Aktualisierung hat keine schlechten Nebeneffekte. Alles, was Sie machen, müssen werden, ist Aktualisierung Ihre Schablonen zu den Neuen.

English: The update has no bad side effects. All you have to do is update your templates to the new ones.

Comment

• DirtyDan
                • Aug 2001

first of all

Thanx for the replays (Orca: wie definiert ihr hier hacked? Das ist eine voll Lizensierte Version wenn ihr das meint. Hast Du dir die seite mal angesschaut? www.kacke.de
                wir haben da wirklich viel rumgecoded.. alleine die global.php ist mittlerweile doppelt so gross) Ich formuliere hier noch mal die Frage in english so gut ich kann

sure i can write my question in english.
                We did a lot of changes to the original vbcode v. 2.0.1 and want to know if it's usefull (worth it) to upgrade to v.2.0.3 ?

Iam afraid of having a bunch of disordered code after update cause of all thoose modifications we did.
                For example: We changed the behavour of 'thread vote' function from dropdown list to 5 single buttons (if ya like it, feel free to copy), also we add some borders and other stuff. We also applied the german template to the whole board. We add a lot of custom templates for commercial use..eg. Banners.

So what is the update exactly?

Thanx for replay

Dan
                Last edited by DirtyDan; Sat 25 Aug '01, 12:15pm.

Comment

• orca
                  • Mar 2001
                  • 5.5.x

Hacks defined for vB means that you modify the code for a special purpose. E.g. if you follow the instructions to apply the Uenet hack etc. Those file modifications need also be repplied to the new version (in the same way or slightly different). As for the update: It was quite easy for me with using Beyond Compare to reapply my hacks. And the templates didn't change.

P.S.: Ich wollte nichts gegen Deutsche sagen. Es ist nur etwas unhöflich (finde ich) auf einem Englischen Board sich in einer Sprache zu unterhalten, die die Anderen nicht verstehen.

in english: I didn't want to say anything against germans. I only think it's not that polite to talk on an english board in a language which others don't understand.
                  Ueli

Comment

• CoolaShacka
                    • Feb 2001

Die Grundidee ist aber gar nicht mal soo schlecht. Wenn hier öffters mal ein
                    deutsches Posting erscheint, müssen die Verantwortlichen irgendwie
                    reagieren. *g* Die schieben nämmlich die ofizielle Übersetzungen
                    und das deutsche Support schon seit über ein halbes Jahr vor sich hin

Comment

• orca
                      • Mar 2001
                      • 5.5.x

Well, they stated in several posts that they won't offer support in other languages. At least not at the moment.
                      Ueli

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...