Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gutspiller
    • Aug 2001

Can I get some feedback on my forum?

theforumz.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, theforumz.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Most of us are hanging out in the General Discussion, but you might want to check out some other forumz, like the bootay forum

register there and post what you think of it. We need all the registered users we can get.

Thanks!
  • seemaxrun
    • Jul 2001

forum check

I checked out your forum Gut. It looks good. The topics and participants are pretty masculine and probably I will not be stopping by the, um, "bootay" forum. Some things about guys it is probably better I do not know.

Some of the forums load a little slow maybe because people are using big images, I got one message an image couldn't load because the system was low on memory, and there is an odd refresh thing happening on the forum display page. I'd look into that refresh thing. The slow load might just be a sometimes thing. The memory thing, I have been working all day and am kinda wonky, it could be my computer complaining and not your site.

Good luck with it. And tell Hellraiser I hope he runs into a girl soon. (wink)
    Last edited by seemaxrun; Tue 21 Aug '01, 2:41pm.
    max

http://www.seemaxrun.com/forum

Comment

• DoST
      • Oct 2000

Looks very good!

Comment

• Gutspiller
        • Aug 2001

I put the refresh in. It's to refresh the board and show the latest threads. Some people like it. Others find it annoying. I wish there was a way to set it in the users profile.

Comment

• kicks
          • Oct 2000

On your main page it seems as though you've coded the session in with the url. You can do the following

Look at:
          theforumz.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, theforumz.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
          Change to:

Comment

• Gutspiller
            • Aug 2001

Originally posted by kicks
            On your main page it seems as though you've coded the session in with the url. You can do the following

Look at:

Change to:
            Those two urls look the same. What was changing it suppose to do?

Comment

• seemaxrun
              • Jul 2001

Well I was just trying to read the list of forums and the screen kept refreshing on me. This kept resetting my place on the page which was problematic and me, I would leave it up to visitors to refresh their own pages so you do not drive off people who do not want to cope with a continually self refreshing page but mileage may vary.
              max

http://www.seemaxrun.com/forum

Comment

• Gutspiller
                • Aug 2001

How come both links look the same? The url doesn't have any other switches in it. So how does the one not do the refresh?

Comment

• kicks
                  • Oct 2000

my bad, but for some reason all of the links on your page had a hard coded s=asfdasdfasdfasfasfasfd or something like that.

I guess the "QUOTE" feature parses that out

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

The session hash is stripped from URL's in posts because having it hardcoded is a security risk.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• snyx
                      • Aug 2000
                      • 3.5.x

too many forums for the amount of members you have.
                      MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

• Gutspiller
                        • Aug 2001

Originally posted by snyx
                        too many forums for the amount of members you have.
                        Thats what a lot of people say until they start posting. Then they say they like it with all the freedom they have to post anywhere they want.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Gutspiller

Thats what a lot of people say until they start posting. Then they say they like it with all the freedom they have to post anywhere they want.
                          I usually get the opposite impression when I go some where and there are a lot of empty forums and I am looking for a new place to participate in..

I think "Jeez, this place is dead I need to go somewhere else where my time will be more productive."
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

I agree with Wayne and snyx. IMHO too many forums discourages participation rather than encourage it.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Gutspiller
                              • Aug 2001

Well it's called TheForumz not TheForum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...