X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GetGamer.com
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.5.x

iPhone theme for vBulletin

I know there's already a great theme for mobile devices (Mobile Alabama) but I would love to see a theme designed specifically for the iPhone.

In fact, there is a (non-vB) forum-like site that does have a very nice iPhone-specific format available, and if someone put together a similar theme for vBulletin, I'd be willing to pay for it.

The site I'd like to model is Nobosh Answers, and their iPhone-specific URL is http://answers.nobosh.com/iphone/

EDIT: Another great example that actually uses vBulletin is found at the iLounge forums: http://forums.ilounge.com/index.php?styleid=7 - Unfortunately, they are not willing to share their style.

It's designed to work well with the iPhone's finger-pointing UI. Anyone else interested?
    Last edited by GetGamer.com; Wed 5 Dec '07, 3:07pm. Reason: Added second reference to iLounge forums
    BigBlueBall for everything about instant messaging
    GetGamer to get gamer news, reviews and gear
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

You would need to login over at vBulletin.org and post in 'Paid Service' area, as vBulletin does not have a forum for this and the rules prevent members from doing this actively.

Comment

• GetGamer.com
      • Jun 2004
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
      You would need to login over at vBulletin.org and post in 'Paid Service' area, as vBulletin does not have a forum for this and the rules prevent members from doing this actively.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42918
      I appreciate the advice, but I am just trying to find out first of all if anyone has created such a theme or is interested in creating (or helping create) one.

Also, I carefully read through the rules you linked to, but I don't find anything in there that restricts my post. I saw lots of rules against advertising services, but not any rules against asking for help. I don't mean to be difficult, but could you quote the rule that I've violated in my post?

As it stands right now, I'm probably going to create something myself.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by GetGamer.com
        I'd be willing to pay for it.
        This is what I was referring too. You will find many closed threads with the phrase 'I am willing to pay'. I was going to create some, but I rather see what version 4.0 has with the stock styles.

Comment

• GetGamer.com
          • Jun 2004
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
          This is what I was referring too. You will find many closed threads with the phrase 'I am willing to pay'.
          Ok, but I didn't see anything in the rules that prohibit that. I saw things prohibiting advertising, but I'm not advertising a service.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...