Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaizen
    • Aug 2001

I need some styles

i would be really gratfull if someone could send me some vbulletin styles (2.0.3)

thx.
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction
  • orca
    • Mar 2001
    • 5.5.x

Well, you asked about the same in templates. I guess, if you do a search here, you will find quite a few. Anyway, isn't it better if you create it yourself? Ok, I also took some buttons from here to fit my site colors but only because I'm still learning to use a graphic program. It gets a bit more unique if you try yourself. And with vBulletin it's very easy.
    Ueli

Comment

• rmusic
      • Jul 2001

Originally posted by orca
      Anyway, isn't it better if you create it yourself?
      i see alot of people say that but if you look at the forum name it sais styles in it plus some people dont have good color cordination

Comment

• mjames
        • Nov 2000
        • 3.8.x

Would you like us to do your laundry, too?

This is not a hard process. All you have to do is edit colors from within your web browser. You do not even have to be code literate. And frankly, if you can't do that, you ought to find someone who can to run your community.
        Marc James
        Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
        Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

• electrobase
          • Jul 2001

it seems like a little hostility is being directed toward someone who just doesn't want to keep duplicating someone else's work.

I am in the same state - I have a graphics guy who creates beautiful style sets, but why should he? A lot of this work is not terribly creative, so it doesn't really leverage his skills and time.

If there were style set libraries out there so we could offer five or ten standard sets (plus whatever especially unique ones we wanted to develop) that would seem to save a LOT of creativity and productivity that could be put to better use.

It would be very nice (and helpful) if there were a standard set of style sets available for download.
          Brian Cole
          Publisher, electrobase

visit electrobase, a comprehensive directory of electronics industry distributors, manufacturers representatives, and the lines they carry.

Comment

• orca
            • Mar 2001
            • 5.5.x

Sorry, if you felt that it was hostile. Didn't mean that that way. May I was in a bad mood then. Of course it would be nice to have some styles available for download. I guess after seeing some examples you may would try to play around with it to get your own style.
            Ueli

Comment

• electrobase
              • Jul 2001

orca, you're being too sensitive. actually i thought the laundry comment (not yours) sounded a little "unsupportive".

anyway, i have since found forums here where people post button sets, and my graphics guy tells me changing the basic colors of the other elements is very fast. I also found a posting for an addon to photoshop that essentially globally changes the color elements, so we are investigating that as well.

anyway, thanks for the reply. i have already found the vbulletin community to be a tremendous resource.
              Brian Cole
              Publisher, electrobase

visit electrobase, a comprehensive directory of electronics industry distributors, manufacturers representatives, and the lines they carry.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

The whole concept of Styles in vBulletin is new with the 2.0 series. So is the functionality to download them and share them.

I am sure that as time goes on, people will start making their styles available to others just like some are making graphics available to others. However this hasn't happened yet as most people who are making unique sites are making their own proprietary look and feels and various colors for this.

As time goes on we will most likely release style packs that allow you to create new colors and looks.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• George L
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • May 2000
                  • 3.8.x

it would be great to be able to download a style set without the templates.. just for the colour scheme...

style color scheme sets could be shared more easily that with template sets i suppose?
                  :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                  :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                  :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• electrobase
                    • Jul 2001

thank you for the response(s).

there is a growing list of button sets, as i mentioned earlier, so I believe what you are anticipating is already happening.

we have been playing around with this for about a week, and will be going public tomorrow.

given that i am lucky enough to have a really talented and smart graphics person, the power and ease of setting up vbulletin has been amazing!
                    Brian Cole
                    Publisher, electrobase

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...