Pick a color....any color...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kyle
    • Mar 2001

RochGirl Great work" Thay fit my forum great any chance you can make up two more of your "LightDarkBLUE" as [ PUBLIC EVENT ] [ PRIVATE EVENT ] for my colanders?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by rockergrrl

Thanks Wayne - I've already looked into them - and they want like $200 -- I don't have that kind of money right now. I wish I did though...
      For quick and easy CC acceptance and no setup fees you can check out both www.paypal.com and www.verza.com both allow you to build your own stores and offer products easily.

Paypal is a little harder to start an International account on due to banking laws and the services they provide but their fees are a lot lower (2.9% + $.30 on each transaction). They also accept "online checks" from other paypal account holders and make it easy to get your money through withdrawals direct to your account or a Paypal Debit card. They do have 9 million members and I personally am pleased with their service.

Verza offers a few more features including cross selling between stores but I haven't used them. But their fees are higher than most companies (4.9% + $.99 on each transaction).

You could also look into shop providers like Amazon.com or Yahoo.com. Their prices depend on what you are selling.

p.s. Don't mean to hijack your thread like this.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• rockergrrl
        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by wluke
        p.s. Don't mean to hijack your thread like this.

That's ok...
        Well I'm starting a web hosting co. -- I checked out Verza a while back - and they don't accept people offering intangible goods - no services or hosting, etc.

I managed to get Revecom to waive my setup fee since I was an ex Instabill.com customer. We'll see how that goes. In order for my account to be activated, I need to get my site up and running, etc. I was shooting for opening up in 2 weeks - but it might be sooner.. I still have stuff to work on - and getting my board (vB) up and running to par in my eyes (I'm too much of a perfectionist).
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note - I'm still working on the sets. I'm sorry that I haven't been fast. I'm doing 50 million things at once right now. But they will get done. I'll try and do this today during nap time (its easiest during nap time -- lots of quietness - I can concentrate some).

Comment

• Cyrus
          • Apr 2001

Thank youuuuuuuu

Comment

• ziggy
            • Sep 2000

ThankYou!

Hey Rockergrrl!...You're an Angel

I was trying to decide what to do for my buttons & saw your thread & grey/blk set!
            Thanx, you saved me alot of him'in & haw'in!
            I just installed them on my new VB2.03 & VBp lite at www.4ums.com They look great!
            I noticed 2 missing though & don't have a clue how to match them up? I use Photoimpact6...It opens .psd's but I'm still clueless about the gradients!
            These are the 2 I need!
            vb_bullet
            announce
            If you could whip up these 2 to match I would be eternally grateful!
            Stop by & take a look at 4ums.com to make sure which set I used & take a look around!
            Add your site in the Links section!
            Thanx a bunch...ziggy

P.S. I'll trade ya a box of baby wipes if ya like?

Comment

• rockergrrl
              • Jul 2000

I have most of the requests done - and uploaded... I need to do one more - but I need to reboot because I'm running at about 75% right now (running PS6 and with a 333mhz cpu/96mb ram)

(upload all of the buttons - not just what you need - I tried to get them to the closest HEX possible - but may not be the same as what you have now)

IF there are any problems with them - let me know... I just got done doing them - and its after midnight - and I'm SOOO tired...

Cyrus
              Let me know if this is to your liking or not... I think this is what you were looking for, if not...let me know...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
              I think I'll get to the fixup of the LightDarkBlue set tomorrow...
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry for the delays... I've been very forgetful lately... 50 million things on my mind right now... and trying to get everything done all at the same time.

I should be better once my hosting co. is up and running...

Thanks for putting up with my ****...
              Tonya

Comment

• reveltaion456
                • Jul 2001

Thanks!!! They all worked.

Comment

• rockergrrl
                  • Jul 2000

Good!!
                  Glad to hear it!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

I am developing a new discussion site for a local group. It is going to replace 3 different mailing lists on Yahoogroups using vBPortal and vBulletin.

We want the style to automatically change colors based on the seasons. We will start with four color schemes, one each for Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer. I have found button sets on your site that I would like to use.

However these aren't technical people. To them the word thread is meant to describe something you sew with. I would need one new button for each set. Instead of "New Thread", I need it to say "New Topic".

The sets in question are:
                    orangered
                    lightblue1
                    lightgreen
                    darkgreen2
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cyrus
                      • Apr 2001

WOW

thats EXACTLY what I had in mind.

Hell, Id say u jumped into my mind and took out the image I had there :P

thats too good !!!

thank youuuuuuuuu sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much !!!!

if theres anything I can assist you with , PLEASe let me know !!

> Cyrus the Virus <

Comment

• BBInsider
                        • Jul 2001

Re the buttons,awesome..

Is there a way to use different colors (Reply, New thread, etc) in different forums of the same VB?

Also is there a way to change the "New post /no new post" image for individual diff forums of the VB?

Thank you!
                        Rick

Please, if you reply, go slllooow, Im still learning..lol

Comment

• rockergrrl
                          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Cyrus
                          WOW

thats EXACTLY what I had in mind.

Hell, Id say u jumped into my mind and took out the image I had there :P
                          I'm glad I could be of assistance. I'm sorry it took so long -- normally with my mind clear, I can remember a LOT better - and things get done a lot faster than this did.

But with me turning to get things done all at once -- I get started on other things right before my son lays down for his nap, and I just forget about what I should do besides what I'm doing (things that don't take that long).

If you need anything else, let me know.

Tonya

Comment

• rockergrrl
                            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by BBInsider
                            Is there a way to use different colors (Reply, New thread, etc) in different forums of the same VB?

Also is there a way to change the "New post /no new post" image for individual diff forums of the VB?
                            Hey Rick,

Not that hard to do....

In the vB Control Panel, go down to Styles, and click on add. Type in the title you want for the template, and set both the replacement and template set as Create New.....

FTP to your site and in the images folder create a new directory and call it, lets say, "red" (not quotes of course).

Now upload the button set based on what you put as the directory (ex: red, green blue, etc).

Now go back to your vB Control Panel, click onmodify, and select "[fonts/colors/etc]" under the style you just created in the first step.

Go down to where the image paths are:
                            and if you're doing a red set, you'd type:
                            images/red
                            as the base of the images paths. and hit submit

Now go up to Forums and Moderators and click on modify. Find the forum you want to set a style set for, and click edit. Now find Style Options in that forum config page, and under Custom style set for this forum, select the style let you want that forum to have (ex: red) and hit submit.

That should work just fine.

If I missed anything that should been underlined (anyone else) let me know and add it... Its late and I'm tired...

If you have any questions, just post...

Tonya

Comment

• Cyrus
                              • Apr 2001

hiya again

ok, here a bit of a bigger request for you Tonya ( ovely name by the way !!! )

You know the red scheme u made those H's from , well I need a few more buttons like the user cp , search etc ones.

I need :-

Forums
                              Free SMS
                              News
                              Portal

If you can do that for me ( i know its a bit of a mission ) then ill be over the flipping moon lol

Ok, take care and bye 4 now
                              p

p.s : the stars and paperclip are missing from the red set .... is that supposed to be like that ?

Cyrus aka Cyrus the Virus

Comment

• Cyrus
                                • Apr 2001

hiya again

ok, here a bit of a bigger request for you Tonya ( ovely name by the way !!! )

You know the red scheme u made those H's from , well I need a few more buttons like the user cp , search etc ones.

I need :-

Forums
                                Free SMS
                                News
                                Portal

If you can do that for me ( i know its a bit of a mission ) then ill be over the flipping moon lol

Ok, take care and bye 4 now
                                p

p.s : the stars and paperclip are missing from the red set .... is that supposed to be like that ?

Cyrus aka Cyrus the Virus

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...