X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamieLee2k
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

Catagory Stripes

How can I fix the problem with the green category stripe not going all the way across to the end if there is a link there?
    Attached Files
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

That's actually because those two menus on the right are using another CSS class.

Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Edit Templates > Forum Display Templates > FORUMDISPLAY

FIND:
    HTML Code:
        <if condition="$show['forumsearch']">
        <td class="vbmenu_control" id="forumsearch.subforums" nowrap="nowrap"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[search_this_forum]</a> <if condition="$show['quicksearch']"><script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("forumsearch.subforums"); </script></if></td>
        </if>
    REPLACE WITH:
    HTML Code:
        <if condition="$show['forumsearch']">
        <td class="tcat" id="forumsearch.subforums" nowrap="nowrap"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$foruminfo[forumid]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[search_this_forum]</a> <if condition="$show['quicksearch']"><script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("forumsearch.subforums"); </script></if></td>
        </if>
    Basically, you're just changing the class="vbmenu_control" to class="tcat" in order to make the background gradient appear.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• JamieLee2k
      • Sep 2006
      • 3.6.x

Thanks for the reply, it's worked but poses another issue. (Related)

I had to change all of the vbmenu_control for everything in there and not just on that page, I have vBSEO installed and I need to do the same for Linkback but the code isn't in the template.

How can I do the same thing but without editing them all just so the category bar is the same all the way over?

Thanks
      JamieLee2k
      Attached Files

Comment

• Onimua
        • Apr 2005

I'm not familiar with vBSEO (and pretty much can't be helped here either), so you'd have to ask for help from them about where to edit this, as it may also be in a plugin.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• JamieLee2k
          • Sep 2006
          • 3.6.x

Thanks anyway m8, you been a great help, Can anyone else help me fix this issue?

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

You will need to get support for this from vBSEO as it depends on how exactly their links are added.

Comment

• oztanmeh
              • Mar 2018
              • 5.3.x

Hi everyone,

I am a beginner-level user of VBulletin (v5.4). How can I turn the text on in the category stripe of each channel (I am guessing that this was previously called category?) so that it will reflect the channel name just like on the homepage of this forum (e.g. "vBulletin Announcements" in bold fonts)?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by oztanmeh
                Hi everyone,

I am a beginner-level user of VBulletin (v5.4). How can I turn the text on in the category stripe of each channel (I am guessing that this was previously called category?) so that it will reflect the channel name just like on the homepage of this forum (e.g. "vBulletin Announcements" in bold fonts)?
                This isn't really relevant to this topic.

"vBulletin Announcements" is just a forum that is set as a category. This is an option in the AdminCP under Channel Management -> Channel Manager or by clicking the "Make Category" button in the Channel tool within Site Builder.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...