when it comes to skins, how do i upload the files that arent in a folder??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Lama
    • Jul 2006

when it comes to skins, how do i upload the files that arent in a folder??

take the blacknight skin on vbulletin.org for instance. how do i make files such as the blacknight_catbg, blacknight_cbg, blacknight_cbgtop, blacknight_headbg, blacknight_navR files actually show on my site??

i mean I know how to upload them through ftp and put them in my images folder.. but when i put them there they dont show on my site..

only things that work are the buttons, status icon and misc folders. im having this trouble with every skin

i mean. the misc, statusicon and buttons folders have file paths in the admincp.. so those are never a problem. but what about these other files without a path and without a folder?? i tried putting them in the misc folder but that didnt work either
    real name no gimmicks.
  • fizsparky
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.6.x

Every file should have a file path and a folder. It shouldn't be on its own.

Comment

• David Lama
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by fizsparky
      Every file should have a file path and a folder. It shouldn't be on its own.
      then every skin ever put on vbulletin.org is wrong , what do i do with the psd files? and the gradients?
      real name no gimmicks.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

psd[desktop not to upload] is for editing the graphic or image on it and as for gradients, you can see if image path is correct in Main CSS [Category Strips & Table Header] or any background it suppose to associate with.

Comment

• David Lama
          • Jul 2006

what would i be looking for in main css and how would i know if the filepath is wrong?
          real name no gimmicks.

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

If the image doesn't show up, right click on the broken image image and go to properties. This will give you the information about where vBulletin is looking for the file. You can then move the file to the place indicated.

Comment

• David Lama
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
              If the image doesn't show up, right click on the broken image image and go to properties. This will give you the information about where vBulletin is looking for the file. You can then move the file to the place indicated.
              i did that it doesnt show anything. it just says text language english
              real name no gimmicks.

Comment

• peterska2
                • Oct 2003
                • 3.7.x

You may need to go to view background image. It all depends on what the broken image is and how it is coded.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...