X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • forumguy
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.6.x

Integration

This has probably been brought up many times. How do I include the forum into my site's layout? Putting the forum into the content area. Should I have to use some kind of include?
    vBulletin 5.0 coming soon... :confused:
    Visit my site today!
  • .:mak:.
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.5.x

Basically you should put your layout's code in the forum header/footer by editing the templates in the admin cp, so that your layout builds around the forum.
    You could just stick the header code for your layout in the forum's header template, then stick all the footer code in the forum's footer template, then the forum should appear in the content area. It's a pretty basic thing to do, and I'm sure there are much better ways, but it's a simple way of doing it. Just be sure to un-fix your forum's layout (ie. make the forum width 100%) if you want to try this out since the layout could look distorted with a fixed forum width.
    Wii Zelda

Comment

• forumguy
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.6.x

Would I close the div tags (for the layout) in the footer?
      Visit my site today!

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

Yes. You will need to start the code in your header and end it in your footer.

Most people simply integrate the header and footer of their main site and
        use a similar CSS for vBulletin.

Comment

• forumguy
          • Nov 2006
          • 3.6.x

Ok thanks for that. I will try doing it now.
          Visit my site today!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...