Apply a PSD file to a vbulletin template. How?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fizsparky
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.6.x

Apply a PSD file to a vbulletin template. How?

I currently have a default looking template for my vbulletin forum. Preview here. I want to know, how do I edit the PSD files that came with it, and how do I apply it to my template. I've tried search the vbulletin forums and google but to no avail. I would appreciate it if someone could kindly teach me so I can pass the knowledge onto others too

Regards, fizsparky
    Last edited by fizsparky; Tue 17 Apr '07, 12:42am.
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

PSD files need to be edited using a graphics software like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Elements or The Gimp. Possibly the skin author can help you with specifics.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• fizsparky
      • Dec 2006
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Colin F
      PSD files need to be edited using a graphics software like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Elements or The Gimp. Possibly the skin author can help you with specifics.
      I know that Colin. I have edited the PSD files. I was wandering, how do I apply it to my template?

Comment

• fizsparky
        • Dec 2006
        • 3.6.x

In that preview forum, there is a sidebar there. In the PSD files, there is a sidebar file too. How do I change the PSD file and then apply it to my template?

Comment

• Colin F
          • May 2004

Simply save the file with the same filename and then overwrite your current image files.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Comment

• JamieLee2k
            • Sep 2006
            • 3.6.x

Once you have edited the PSD file to your liking then you need to save the file not as a PSD but to the same name as it would be if you was to upload the original files

Comment

• fizsparky
              • Dec 2006
              • 3.6.x

Can you elaborate please. I am a beginner at all this. Just briefly explain in more detail, because I get the first part.

Colin is saying that I save the PSD file with the same filename and then overwrite my current image files. But, there is one PSD file, and about 5 image files.

I don't get it. Sorry for all this, but would appreciate it if you could explain in detail.

Thanks

Comment

• Colin F
                • May 2004

I recommend you ask the style author for help, as we can't tell how their PSDs are built.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Comment

• fizsparky
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Colin F
                  I recommend you ask the style author for help, as we can't tell how their PSDs are built.
                  Ok mate. Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...