X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • forumguy
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.6.x

Background Image

When I set the page background to repeat along the top, it works fine on the main page. But when I view a thread, the background repeats every time there is a new template e.g. a post, quick reply etc. Is there any way to make it only repeat along the top of the page and not anywhere else.
    vBulletin 5.0 coming soon... :confused:
    Visit my site today!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You need to set the background image on the body css tag, not the page css tag.

Comment

• SmashinYoungMan
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by forumguy
      When I set the page background to repeat along the top, it works fine on the main page. But when I view a thread, the background repeats every time there is a new template e.g. a post, quick reply etc. Is there any way to make it only repeat along the top of the page and not anywhere else.
      You'll need to add a <div> to the header or navbar template, and close it in the footer. Apply the necessary css styles to that div—background, width, border if any—and there you are! You can see an example of this at my SpaceBuffs site in my sig, except I align the background image to the bottom.

Comment

• forumguy
        • Nov 2006
        • 3.6.x

But I have padding so the div/background wouldn't cover the whole top.
        vBulletin 5.0 coming soon... :confused:
        Visit my site today!

Comment

• peterska2
          • Oct 2003
          • 3.7.x

You will need to set the background image in the body css section as Zachery has said. You can apply any other CSS parameters as appropriate to display the image where you wish it to be displayed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...