Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steven
    • Jun 2000

five links template

When I change the backround color of my forum to black my five links icons are all blurry. Is there a way to change this? Also, since I installed the pm hack version 0.9.3 the fivelinks icons all shifted closer to the middle, how can I change that. All help is greatly appreciated.

Steven
  • thetakerfan
    • Jun 2000

I went to your site, and the images all look aligned to the right, so I don't see anything wrong there.
    You should also probably install the newer PM hack

As for the black BG, thats because those images are designed for a light BG, you would have to create a dif image set.

Comment

• steven
      • Jun 2000

thetakerfan-
      Thanks for the reply. I edited the forumhome template just a little so the icons shifted back over to the right.

<td valign="middle" align="right" nowrap>

$fivelinks

But it is originally
      <td valign="middle" align="middle" nowrap>

$fivelinks.

I would love to install the new hack, but I just don't want to screw anything up on my site. I think that it would be really helpful to have default settings in the cp for all tempaltes and options. Just a suggestion

Comment

• thetakerfan
        • Jun 2000

what do you mean default settings in the CP?
        for what?

Comment

• steven
          • Jun 2000

Just options like styles, and in the templates, so if you change a template or style and don't like it, or it doesn't work, you can just click on default and it will reset the setting to default. For example if I changed the colors of my forum to black with white text, and changed the link color to yellow. Then after viewing how it looked I didn't like it, there should just be a default button to hit where it resets. I know that's what the reset button is for except it only resets to your last submission setting. Or lets say I want to add the avatar hack, but I screwed something up the code, and I cannot find where i screwed it up, you should be able to click on a default button that will allow you to reset the files that you modified, instead of finding them again and deleting them.

[Edited by steven on 07-29-2000 at 05:20 PM]

Comment

• thetakerfan
            • Jun 2000

but if you do that you will lose any and all customizations that you have made

Comment

• steven
              • Jun 2000

You&#039;re right

Good point, but you'll only lose those customizations to the pages that you hit the default button with. Ok so scratch the template default, but have a styles default, what about that?

Comment

• thetakerfan
                • Jun 2000

I really don't see a point to this. I usually backup my stuff before I do anything major, that way if it screws up I can easily revert to the way it was before. I suggest that most people do this as well, because if you don't you can run into some serious problems

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...