Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark_Wizard
    • Jan 2001
    • 3.6.x

I unfortunately can't do so as my host (hostrocket) don't allow applets.
    He means they don't allow Servlets....not APPLETS!

Comment

• BluSmurf
      • May 2001

thanx, i installed mine , good thing i bought jpilot a few weeks ago, now i got use for it

Comment

• Trog
        • Feb 2001

It looks like their site is back up too. It was full of broken links but it seems fine again now

Comment

• Christian
          • Feb 2001

We use that function for quite a while now!

You can go into our chatroom here

The page is fully integrated into vB style!
          The Knowledge Emporium

The Knowledge Emporium Forums

Wonderful World Of Freeware

Comment

• Voltron
            • Apr 2001

I know there is no way to go into the Multicity chat applet (or Jpilot) and read how many people are in the chat room and then post it on the main forum page. However, is there a way to count how many people are in a particular forum at a time and post that on the main page?

I am looking for a way to display who is in the chat room on the main forum page, and this seems like the most logical method. Since I did what was said in this post (embed the chat applet into its own forum page), can this counting method be done?

Comment

• chilliboy
              • Jun 2001

They dont allow applets? I've never heard of a web host not allowing them before - afaik, it doesn't put anymore load on the server as all the work is dont server side. jPilot works by using the clients (person browsing your forums) connection to establish the connection to IRC, and doesn't have anything to do with your webhost. The good thing about this is that the connections come from the clients IP address - so your host doesn't become susceptable to attacks, DoS etc by the script kiddies out there.

He means they don't allow Servlets....not APPLETS!
              Really sorry - my dumb ass mistake.

Can anyone recommend a decent chat option, with the ability to integrate with vB - preferably free, quick and easy to set up - I've had a quick look at multi-city which seems ok - but are there any better options out there, which aren't going to sting me for $$.

We use that function for quite a while now!
              Christian - Is that jpliot your running - works well - although I could get the avtars to work(light version).
              Last edited by chilliboy; Thu 14 Jun '01, 9:43am.

Comment

• thefenixboy
                • Aug 2000

Site5 - I cant use Jpilot and I buy it.

I have Jpilot for 6 months now, but i cant use it in Site 5

Comment

• Ed FvC
                  • Jun 2001

I just wanted to say thanks for the outstanding template. It's truly excellent!
                  Ed FvC
                  Webmaster, FordvsChevy.com

Comment

• Iliana
                    • Jun 2001

Space in username problem

First I want to thank you for this hack.

I also did what you recommended to add to the username to fix the space in the username and it does not work. I put tpc in place of the "abc" you recommended and I have members having troubles logging into the chat because they have a space in their username. For example, my Site Administrator can not log in. It tells her that she is not registered because it is looking for the "underscore" that it is placing between Site Administrator and in the boards it does not have an underscore...(Hope this makes sense)

I really need to find a solution to this, as many members have spaces in their username.

Any suggestions?

Comment

• DarkManX_19
                      • Mar 2001

Re: Look here to see how to integrate java chat into VB

Originally posted by Trog

Once thats done, you need to set up a new forum and simply set it to use the Chat style and there you have it. I have mine set as a locked forum so that that none of the posting buttons appear but you could always edit the other templates in Chat. I have also set the permissions so anyone not registered or they are logged out cannot see the Chat Forum. I have also removed the Log Out button in the header so they can't log out once they are in the forum.

Have fun
                      don't quite understand this, i have edited the code in my forumdisplay, now what??

Comment

• Essam
                        • Aug 2000
                        • 4.1.x

Re: Space in username problem

Originally posted by Iliana
                        First I want to thank you for this hack.

I also did what you recommended to add to the username to fix the space in the username and it does not work. I put tpc in place of the "abc" you recommended and I have members having troubles logging into the chat because they have a space in their username. For example, my Site Administrator can not log in. It tells her that she is not registered because it is looking for the "underscore" that it is placing between Site Administrator and in the boards it does not have an underscore...(Hope this makes sense)

I really need to find a solution to this, as many members have spaces in their username.

Any suggestions?

check this:

freddie has solved the problem in his forum.
                        I think it has something to do with ircd configurations. I'm not sure though

Comment

• Trog
                          • Feb 2001

Re: Re: Look here to see how to integrate java chat into VB

Originally posted by DarkManX_19

don't quite understand this, i have edited the code in my forumdisplay, now what??
                          When you have set up your new forum, in the control panel, set it to use the Chat template instead of default. Do this by clicking 'Modify' under 'Forums and Moderators', then click 'Edit' for the forum you want chat to be in, and then under 'Style Options', change the 'Custom style set for this forum' to the Chat template and set 'Override users custom styles' to yes. Save changes and there you have it.

Hope this helps

Comment

• Iliana
                            • Jun 2001

Re: Re: Space in username problem

Originally posted by Essam

check this:

freddie has solved the problem in his forum.
                            I think it has something to do with ircd configurations. I'm not sure though
                            Problem is that Freddie won't post how he did this. I have tried to contact him and still no reply. Sad that some are not willing to help others that need it.

Comment

• Iliana
                              • Jun 2001

???

Am I supposed to say thank you now?

Freddie one question...haven't you asked for some sort of help on this site? Just wondering...

Comment

• Steve Machol
                                Former Customer Support Manager
                                • Jul 2000

Re: ???

Originally posted by Iliana
                                Am I supposed to say thank you now?
                                Yes, actually you should!

By the way I've seen a lot more helpful advice from Freddie in these forums than I have from you.
                                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...