changing colors in default style: gradient?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erinch
    • Jun 2005

changing colors in default style: gradient?

I want to keep the simplicity of the default style for a new board, but change the colors to more green. I figured out how to do that, but would like the color gradients as in the default style. How do I do that? Right now the colors are solid:

www.dminadventures.com/dminchat/index.php
    Last edited by Floris; Tue 21 Jun '05, 4:08am.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

The URL does not work. I get a DNS error.

But, change the blue gradient image to green gradient in your image manipulation program like paint shop pro or photoshop and it will change. Unless you removed the url(..) part from the Main CSS class

Comment

• erinch
      • Jun 2005

sorry

(if you click on it, could you see if the domain name changes to the ip address in your URL bar?)

Comment

• erinch
        • Jun 2005

i've been manually changing the colors in the css style manager in the admin cp. But it's going slowly, and the combinations i'm coming up with basically suck. gradients would help.

the last I looked inthe styles forum, all the demos looked the same, and this seemed to be attributed to the implementation of the 3.5 beta on the forum.

will the various style demos be live again? i tried implementing grassygreen, but this created more problems with the header than I could solve and put really big gaps between the forums.

I found the "would you like a greener" style, but it is more blue green and conflicts with the header

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by erinch
          http://dminadvewntures.net/dminchat/

sorry

(if you click on it, could you see if the domain name changes to the ip address in your URL bar?)
          That URL doesn't load either.

By the way: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...lor_maps_intro
          Perhaps that helps.

And for more free styles: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95

Comment

• greywolff
            • Jan 2005

i just imported mine in to fireworks and tinted (in my case) red works real easy

Comment

• erinch
              • Jun 2005

sorry--I'm a moron--
              I'm manually typing in the url to keep the ip address from reverting. Not enough coffee.

when i go to the free styles link and click various ones to demo, they all come up blue on my computer, with the same little tri-leaf graphic in the left corner.

I'm working from the color map, but that's not helping with choosing the new shades of green. discovered i'm not a color designer

are you saying that I'd just need to import one color image into an image editing program, and that would fix the whole board? on a quick glance at the style manager, I couldn't find it--location--for a moron? thank you so much!

Comment

• greywolff
                • Jan 2005

id help ya out but no idea on what color of green

Comment

• greywolff
                  • Jan 2005

i did the ones here slowly over the last week no template changes just colors and new graphics

Comment

• erinch
                    • Jun 2005

for the base color i'd like to use #339933

Comment

• greywolff
                      • Jan 2005

this close for ya
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Floris
                        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by erinch
                        sorry--I'm a moron--
                        I'm manually typing in the url to keep the ip address from reverting. Not enough coffee.

when i go to the free styles link and click various ones to demo, they all come up blue on my computer, with the same little tri-leaf graphic in the left corner.

I'm working from the color map, but that's not helping with choosing the new shades of green. discovered i'm not a color designer

are you saying that I'd just need to import one color image into an image editing program, and that would fix the whole board? on a quick glance at the style manager, I couldn't find it--location--for a moron? thank you so much!
                        The styles on the demo site are for 3.0 and we're just running 3.5- I had no time yet to upgrade them to 3.5 - here is a green style I made that should work and show in green to you:

Comment

• erinch
                          • Jun 2005

Greywolff--that gradient is terrific.

Are there instructions on how to "install it"?

Floris--yes--it's clear on the board that you have a massive job to convert all those styles. Your green is lovely, but clashes with my header, I need a little "greener" rather than quite so blue-green. Is there one like that?

If I install Greywolff's gradient will it work with each portion of the forum, headers, category strips etc as a master color, or do i need a separate gradient for each of hte elements?

sorry to be such a waterfall of questions

Comment

• greywolff
                            • Jan 2005

i used only one gradient on my red

Comment

• greywolff
                              • Jan 2005

the standard that comes with vb is 4 gradients

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...