<div align="center">
    <table width=759 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 border=0 bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <tr><td align=center>
    First lines in footer:
    Code:
    </td></tr>
    </table>
    </div>
    If you don't want a fixed width table of 759 pixels change it to width="95%" or whatever.

The problem you will run into is all the templates are set to table widths of 100% so you will also have to go in and change each template table to width xx% whatever fits your idea.

Another think to keep in mind is not stacking (nesting) to many table's in tables. Try to keep the nesting to three or less. This can be hard with vB because some of the templates go three deep already. For example the postbit template is one to watch, lot's of table action in that template.

Good luck!

Larry "NgtCrwlr" Mingus

Leave a comment:

• Joe
    started a topic A question about tables...

A question about tables...

I need some quick help...

I want to put my forums in a table, with a white back ground, then have that table in another table, with a blue back ground (#006699), I want the blue back ground to only show about 15 pixels on the top, sides, and botoms... anyone know what code i put where?

Is it as easy as putting this in the body tag?:
    Code:
    <body bgcolor="#006699" leftmargin=15 topmargin=15 marginwidth=15 marginheight=15 id=all>
    Or do i put the top part of the <table> in the header, and the bottom part of the table in teh footer?

Could sombody just post the code so i can copy paste it in my forums? Thank you in advance!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...